Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 16:21

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016 17:04 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I have had some people asking how to build a good tank. Also, I saw that Amaroq had made a post about best build/what are you building. Is there any specific builds that you would like me to make an extensive guide about?

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016 17:07 

I would like to see a guide about what types of builds work well together. I've got a build that works well for me soloing through the missions, but when we're all level 30 and want to dark zone together, what builds will be complimentary?

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2016 18:17 

yeah, I'll take any info you can give on diff builds. I am kinda clueless when it comes to classes and builds. I usually just do what people tell me to do, but this time I wanna know what the fuck I am doing.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016 13:54 

So the traditional RPG set up would be a Tank - healer - 2 incredibly strong dps. What I'm wondering about this game, should everybody just build for maximum dps and then just spread out the abilities to the point where we all get improved cover, the scanning buff and one group healer? I feel like the latter is better for a game like this where tanking doesn't really takeover more than 80% of group damage.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016 14:54 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
game like this where tanking doesn't really takeover more than 80% of group damage.
Part of that is that we aren't end game yet too. There are weapon attachments to increase aggro, coupled with teammates weapon attachments to decrease aggro, it will be a different show.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016 15:20 

Agree Trav, but the nature of boss encounters of other RPGs essentially go - tank in - aggro gain on boss/adds - start dps on one target. From what I've seen with the layout thus far, there aren't any mechanics or abilities where a tank can control a situation like this (for example, there's no [TAUNT] or [AOE TAUNT] or [Last Stand]). There just the initial aggro when he rushes in and gear that can increase the threat. Based on this, and the way the game has played this far, I'm thinking the end game strategy will probably involve juggling aggro between players and kiting, rather than tank and spank. I also don't think this is a bad thing, not all games should have the same end game and being stuck in one role can be boring.

I don't know if this makes sense or not, I tried to make it as clear as possible. I could also be dead wrong.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2016 19:19 

Ive been watching alot of streams on twitch of people playing these games and what alot of people are doing is just running full DPS but with moderate health and or amour.