Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:39

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 01:19 

• BIG CHANGES FOR BASTION (Rework of the character, recommend checking the patch notes for details)
  • NEW FEATURE: Custom Games Server Browser (recommend you read the patch notes for all the details)
    • You can now earn XP in custom games.
  • NEW CUSTOM GAMES MODE: Capture the Flag (CAN NOW PLAY ALL KOTH MAPS IN CTF: Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Ilios, and Oasis)
  • NEW HERO OPTIONS FOR: Ana, Mercy, Sombra, Widwomaker, Zarya, Zenyatta (Adjust sensitivity of targeting with certain abilities)
  • SMALL HERO CHANGES FOR: Dva, Mercy, Mei, Torb (all buffs and quality of life things)
  • MAP BALANCE CHANGE FOR Eichenwalde
    • When breaking down the castle door at second point, the second gate no longer drops. Instead of that, debris from the broken door blocks the entrance allowing attackers to see the other team as well as have a bigger entrance into the castle.[/list
[/list]

Patch notes here: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20529203
VIDEO: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_FJwx_iYDk[/youtube]

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 07:42 

I wonder if they'll eventually put in dedicated public servers.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 08:01 

I love the update. They care more about their community than the pro scene unlike valve.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2017 15:06 

PTR servers are finally back up.

Checked it out and noticed that Ilios and Nepal's CTF version include the extended spawn areas that we saw in the Lijang Tower capture the rooster event. Nepal is also set during the night and Ilios is set during sunset. You can also now play 3v3 elimination on the KOTH maps!

You can pick from a variety of presets (quick play, comp, skirmish, ctf, 1v1, 3v3) and it even includes some of the brawls that are now finally able to be played in custom games (mystery heroes, total mayhem and one other that I forgot about).

The custom game options are huge. You can toggle individual game modes settings (Such as CTF requiring your flag when your capping, having abilities drop the flag being carried, or just have it drop when movement or invulnerability abilities are used). You can select what heroes have what abilities available and how long they are cooldown for.

So far one of the modes I'm seeing people playing is Boss mode where they make the teams 1v6 and give the person insane amounts of health and other shit and the other team has to find and kill them.

Unfortunately, you can't save custom game presets but they did say on their forums that they are adding it in a future update.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2017 23:29 

Today (or yesterday), Blizzard implemented some hero changes to the PTR build.

Roadhog
  • Scrap Gun
    • Spread decreased by 20%
  • Chain Hook
    • Targets are now pulled to a location 3.5 meters away, up from 2 meters.
    • Cooldown increased from 6 to 8
Winston
  • Critical hit volume reduced by 15%
Developer Notes:
The Roadhog changes overall reduce the power of his hook a bit, but his gun is now more effective when not using the hook.

Winston's head hit volume was just abnormally big, making him take more damage than he otherwise should. This change brings it more in line with other heroes.

Also of note is that they removed the event version of Lijang Tower (that we see in Capture the rooster) and replaced it with a day version of the map when playing CTF.