Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:25

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017 14:54 

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/orisa/

They are currently playable in the PTR appraently. I can't check or play because I won't be at my computer this weekend.

There is a origin story video and a developer update video for them you just need to search it on Youtube.

Also for all the Bastion haters out there, Jeff in the OW fourms said that tomorrow morning that there will be some changes for Bastion going to the PTR. He can't comment on them as they are still being worked on and that there is a chance that the changes won't happen this weekend.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017 14:58 

Nice, this is the exact kind of class I'd want to play. AOE damage boost, Mini Graviton Surge, long range fire and a barrier.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017 16:59 

Quote:
Nice, this is the exact kind of class I'd want to play. AOE damage boost, Mini Graviton Surge, long range fire and a barrier.
Same.

I hope that it shakes up the tank staples so teams aren't required to run a rein/zarya or rein/road 24/7.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2017 17:10 

I wonder how well the AOE damage boost works. Example: flanking Pharra or Reaper that is elevated. Or even just a widowmaker that's far behind.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017 20:16 

Orisa is NOT set to be coming out of PTR this Tuesday. Instead they are keeping her back for a bit. Along with that they also changed a bunch of heroes in the current PTR.

Ana
  • Biotic Rifle
    • Damage decreased from 80 to 60
  • Biotic Grenade
    • Impact damage reduced from 60 to 30
    • Impact healing reduced from 100 to 50
Junkrat
  • No longer hurts himself from his own explosions. (Effect added to current passive: Total Mayhem)
Orisa
  • Fusion Driver
    • Magazine size lowered from 200 to 150
  • Supercharger
    • Cost increased by 15%
Sombra
  • Stealth
    • Sound effects and VO distance for entering and exiting Stealth reduced to 15 meters.
  • Translocator
    • Cooldown reduced from 6s to 4s
Winston
  • Barrier Projector
    • Cooldown now starts when the barrier is placed, instead of when it ends
Zenyatta
  • Orb of Destruction
    • Alternate fire recovery reduced from 1s to 0.6s
  • Orb of Discord
    • Can now target enemies through barriers

Overall, I love these changes.
  • Ana - Was a bit overpowered in how she has the best burst healing, single target healing, 6 secs of hard crowd control, amazing ult, the ability to take someone out of the fight for 7 secs and she was able to 1v1 basically anyone (except tanks) and have a amazing chance at winning. She still looks really good on paper so hopefully she still gets play.
  • Junkrat - Only change that I'm skeptical of since it now allows Junkrat to face tank and Reinhardt shield as well as every target without any damage to himself.
  • Orisa - Still early to completely tell but it did seem like she was very powerful. The supercharger ult change isn't big but the loss of 50 shots is big since her sustain was amazing.
  • Sombra - These changes won't automatically make her amazing, but it's definitly a needed change. Mostly just because having the enemy team hear "BEEN HER ALL ALONG" after cloaking from halfway across the map was fucking dumb.
  • Winston - Makes his barrier great again and not just a dump and forget ability. Was definitely changed due to Orisa's barrier cooldown starting when it gets placed which made his barrier literal trash.
  • Zenyatta - FUCKING DISCORD ORBS THROUGH BARRIERS. YES.

Also the main branch of the game had some notable changes on March 3rd:
  • The total damage reduction that a hero can receive while buffed (e.g. from Ana's Nano Boost and Orisa's Fortify) has been capped at 50% (formerly 70%)
Bastion
  • Ironclad
    • Bastion now takes 20% less damage while in Configuration: Sentry or Tank (formerly 35%)

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2017 23:38 

discord through barriers......please explain I am getting excited.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 07:40 

Quote:
discord through barriers......please explain I am getting excited.
Like how you can't discord a rein if his shield is up, and an orb gets removed from Zarya if she puts up a shield.

IMO that will make Zenyata OP, but we'll just have to see.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 08:04 

This doesn't happen. As long as zeny has line of site it won't remove for any reason. Does this mean I can discord someone through a shield, or does it mean that it stays when they go behind walls.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 08:11 

so it does happen, this is a HUGE bug.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 09:05 

Quote:
Does this mean I can discord someone through a shield, or does it mean that it stays when they go behind walls.
It means you can discord people through shields. It won't affect the line of sight requirement.
Quote:
so it does happen, this is a HUGE bug.
Eh, Zarya is pretty weak for a tank. I think her ability to counter other heroes' abilities for two seconds every ten seconds is the only think that makes her viable.

With that said, though, I think it's an important zenyatta buff. As it stands, zenyatta is best played as a counter healer, but his counters were too weak because of that shield system. (eg, zen is the best bastion counter, but you can't orb bastion behind a rein shield.) I think this will make zenyatta a viable pick against certain team comps.

I hope their hero balances continue to improve the game to the point where there is ko longer a single "meta" that everybody plays, and different comps become increasingly more viable based on the strengths and weaknesses of individual players on the team.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2017 22:15 

Orisa is currently set for release this coming Tuesday, March 21st in the main branch of the game.