All times are UTC-04:00

Capture the flag
Day of Defeat 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Classic 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
I don't want CTF at all 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 6
 Post subject: Capture the flag server?
PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010 12:58 

We've been tossing around the idea of a capture the flag server for a while, and I was thinking of updating the Bot Server to a CTF server to make it more interesting. But I'm wondering if people would like this.

=(GrG)= Doc Holiday is currently developping a custom CTF mod, but until then I was thinking of installing one of two standard CTF mods onto the server:

Day of Defeat style - there are five capture points on the map, and you win if you capture all five (by standing at the point for a few seconds).

Classic style - there is a flag in each spawn. Capture the enemy's flag and bring it to your spawn.

And of course, if you don't want a CTF server at all, and would rather the bot server stay as is, let us know that.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010 16:37 

CTF CTF CTF CTF CTF!!!!! its by far my favorite way to play FPS games in general. Halo: CE FTW!!!!!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2010 15:17 

well, id play ctf classic style. if there was a dod style tho, id rather just play dod.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010 08:06 

dod sounds like one of the worst games ever

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010 10:55 

Quote:
well, id play ctf classic style. if there was a dod style tho, id rather just play dod.
I really liked the DOD style CTF server we used to have. I have never played a classic style CTF, but it seems that's what most people want so far.
Quote:
dod sounds like one of the worst games ever
I think it's really fun; it's just that the guns suck.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010 12:45 

hell yea halo ctf was awsome :D
i feel like hopping on my xbox now lol

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 23:45 

Alright guys, anybody else who wants to cast a vote, get it cast! As soon as I can get my server back up (cf this thread) I'll install either a DOD or a classic style CTF server, and I want to make sure I install the right one!

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 17:48 

I've been finding a lot of instability on this server so far... I don't know if it's the plugin or what, but it keeps crashing.

I'm going to leave the server up; if people want to go play in there, please do, and if the server crashes, take a note of what you were doing that made it crash. I'll try to see if I can't pinpoint what the deal is.

Known issues: cs maps make the server crash. I took them off the map rotation.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 21:18 

roger will do.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010 15:11 

I personally really don't like this person's plugin.

Sometimes you'll join the server and on your first spawn you won't have a weapons menu.

It doesn't work with hostage maps at all.

Bodies don't disappear, so by the end of the map you'll just have a ton dead bodies lying on the ground, which will make some people lag.

I'm almost ready to just try something else until Doc can get his plugin coded. Everybody else should play on it a bit too and see if maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like it.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2010 20:39 

I installed a halo mod to the server. This mod allows five different modes of play, one of which is capture the flag. I disabled all the other modes, as well as the halo models and halo sounds, so now you basically just have a CTF server.

Also, another good feature is that the person with the flag doesn't have weapons. But, weapons are doled out through a CSDM weapons menu instead of something you buy. Not quite as good as the plugin we wanted Doc-Holiday to help us with, but way better than the other plugin I put on.

Currently the server is running with bots. I will take them off once we get our new router.