It is currently 28 Mar 2024 05:57

All times are UTC-04:00

Should we keep our TF2 servers?
Yes 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Yes (but slim them to one server) 100%  100%  [ 8 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 8
PostPosted: 02 May 2012 20:32 

So from lack of play and lack up support for them, I am wondering if we should keep our tf2 servers at all. It doesn't mean we have to stop playing, but there are plenty of established servers that we all like and play in. I am not saying we ARE getting rid of them either. I want people's input. I am perfectly fine with using other's servers or keeping ours either way. However, it just doesn't appear to be in anyone's interest to have our own servers. lots of people say they want to play in our own, but it doesn't happen especially if someone doesn't go in before hand and start inviting people. So I propose a vote to the clan. Lets hear what you have to say.

PostPosted: 02 May 2012 20:53 

For:
1. People are jerks, and it's nice to have a safe haven where you don't have to play with jerks.
2. We met ray, proto, and Prof through TF2, and they are cool people.
3. We're not exactly low on resources, and it's doing no harm.

Against:
1. TF2 clans don't really seem to be a "thing". We don't gain much by having servers unless we have either one really popular one (but see number 3) or we are a household name like lotus with ten billion servers.
2. We met all of our TF2 clan members before we had servers. We don't seem to need servers to attract the TF2 population to our clan.
3. Even our clan members who only play TF2 don't play in our servers.

Conclusion
I feel like the resources would be better used with a different type of source server. Jester, Silent, Ray, Exodus, and others play CS:S. Many of our clan plays L4D2. These are two games that I feel our clan would more appreciate an [AM] servers than TF2 (as per the "against" reasons posted above). My opinion is keep one TF2 server, just in case we all wanted to have a TF2 party, and shut down two others to dedicate the resources to a CS:S server and a L4D2 server.

PostPosted: 02 May 2012 21:02 

Also, on a side note if anyone is truly interested in doing highlander we need to get online more and play even in other people's servers. we can test out small group strats even then just to work out the bugs. prototype has some people that aren't in the clan and I think ray does too. so even if its only a few of us let me know, or we could try to join another team with the few of us that are interested. So give your feedback.

I tend to agree with anubis on this topic. I would enjoy a l4d2 server.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012 01:13 

I'm down with seeing it go it is definitely under utilized. :|

minecraft

PostPosted: 03 May 2012 08:32 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I'm indifferent as I extremely dislike TF2 so I won't be playing the game regardless. But I agree with Anubis, that would be cool. If everybody is playing L4D2 I might consider buying it.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012 10:16 

I'm not against shutting 2 down and leaving 1 up. I do think that we need to get some highlander practice in against other teams. I'm sure there's a reddit for that. Maybe mess around in tf2lobby? I don't know much about it.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012 10:55 

Quote:
I'm not against shutting 2 down and leaving 1 up. I do think that we need to get some highlander practice in against other teams. I'm sure there's a reddit for that. Maybe mess around in tf2lobby? I don't know much about it.
Yeah, that's one thing I was thinking of. Once we get a team going, we would definitely want a server to be able to practice against other teams; but then again, with a box in Philadelphia, most people might want to play in their servers anyway.

PostPosted: 03 May 2012 13:50 

Though, for obvious reasons, my opinion doesnt amount to much on the issue, a simple solution would just be to keep a private server for personal needs, and then with one of the six gagillion tf2 servers you can always find a decent on to play in...theoretically.

PostPosted: 04 May 2012 00:04 

if u guys do plan on getting a l4d2 server tell me n ill join in

PostPosted: 07 May 2012 00:18 

Quote:
For:
2. We met ray, proto, and Prof through TF2, and they are cool people.

3. Even our clan members who only play TF2 don't play in our servers.
Excuse me, What about me? Yeah, you asshats met me there too. Also, I play in the servers. At least when I am able. I am down for keeping one. With a couple of standard epic maps E.G. Dustbowl, Barnblitz, Gold Rush, you know, the basics.

PostPosted: 07 May 2012 06:25 

Quote:
Excuse me, What about me? Yeah, you asshats met me there too.
I know I thought about it like thirty seconds later but never went back to fix it. :( I'm sorry.
Quote:
With a couple of standard epic maps E.G. Dustbowl, Barnblitz, Gold Rush, you know, the basics.
I think I'll just keep the valve rotation server.

PostPosted: 07 May 2012 15:36 

Dustbowl 24/7. :D

PostPosted: 07 May 2012 16:32 

Blech, yak, gross.

PostPosted: 09 May 2012 07:17 

Well, the polls are in! We'll keep one TF2 server (probably the valve map rotation unless somebody suggests otherwise), and set up a CS:S server this weekend.

I really need your feedback if you are a source player! I'm looking at you, Silent, Jester, and Ray.

PostPosted: 09 May 2012 10:14 

we are also gonna try a l4d2 server, but I think the source one will be first.

PostPosted: 09 May 2012 10:26 

Oh yeah, thanks. I forgot to mention that.