More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 10:41

All times are UTC-04:00

Install plugin
Yes 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes: 4
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 23:44 

Do you want me to install a team balancer to the pub? This is what I would install: link

I would personally really like to install it. Today I was playing and it was 13-0 for the CT team. That's no fun for ANYBODY. The CT team obviously had it too easy, and it sucks to be down so hard that you can never buy a gun. With a team balancer such as this, it would switch players from one team to the other to try to allow a more balanced game.

A potential problem is that it's harder to mesh with your team, but I think that doesn't matter because (a) people come and go so much in a pub and (b) it's good to learn how to play with a large variety of people, not just your set teammates.

Another problem is that it sometimes confuses people when they get switched, or some people might just only like playing on one team so they would get mad if they got switched.

Still, I think balanced teams outweigh that greatly.

What do you think?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 02:10 

I think we should definitely use this. It allows us to set immunity for our admin if we want, and when you get switched you keep your weapons and your money without dying. So I think this would make people stay longer as well since the matches will be more even.

EVERYONE VOICE YOUR OPINION.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 09:15 

Yeah, team balancer would be cool. Makes sense to me, and is pretty funny when someone isn't aware that they switched teams. Plus if we wanted to stack or customize the teams or alter the scenario, we can go to scrim server. Thank you guys for the work you put into all of this! :D

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 15:15 

yea this will be a good idea to put in
i say go for it

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010 15:58 

Alright, I am installing it now.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 15:04 

If you check the link, you can notice there are three modes of balancing.
  • Mode 1: Switches a good player on the winning team with a bad player on the losing team. This mode is the least effective for altering the outcome of the rounds.
  • Mode 2: Switches a good player on the winning team to the losing team. This usually works pretty well, but the maximum number of players one team can have above the other team is 2. (eg, 7 on 5) This means that if the winning team is down by a player (maybe it's 4v5 and the team with 4 players is winning), then a player can't be switched (else it would be 3v6).
  • Mode 3: I'm not sure how mode 3 is different, but it's apparantly the most aggressive. This is what I have it set to now.
Other settings:
  • One team can only have 2 more players than the other team
  • Immunity - admin are not immune from switching, but admin can choose what team they initially join.
  • Players cannot join a team that is too far ahead
  • Maximum win streak - 3
  • Maximum allowed score difference - 4
Let me know if you think any of these settings could be changed for a better experience.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010 21:17 

I like how its set now, but I have no problem with people wanting it to be tweaked to work even better.