More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:14

All times are UTC-04:00

Would you participate?
Yes 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
No 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Total votes: 12
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012 10:31 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Can we open a debate forum/section? Possibly under Chat Room or Serialp0rt Rants?

Would anybody be willing to participate in this? I'll make this a poll.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012 12:08 

I said No. Even when I try to engage in a normal discussion with people, everybody always thinks I'm being a bitch and not attending to what they have to say. If I were to participate in a genuine debate forum, I have no doubt that it would cause people to leave the clan.

I will gladly open one up if requested, though I would not personally participate. In fact, I would probably actively never read it, so as to avoid the temptation to set people straight. :P

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012 17:03 

OH MAN THIS IS SO META

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2012 12:15 

I said no, because I don't care about other people's opinions.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 13:28 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
FUCK THE HATERS.

NEVER FORGET.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAioun08SrA[/youtube]

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 14:37 

Whaaaaaaaa did I miss...

Debate forums? Nah. Discussion and debate on such topic is what forums are about. Make a post about something and either debate it or acknowledge it. Fits for all subforums.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 14:48 

Quote:
Whaaaaaaaa did I miss...

Debate forums? Nah. Discussion and debate on such topic is what forums are about. Make a post about something and either debate it or acknowledge it. Fits for all subforums.
I was told it was a stupid idea. My original suggestion was small, light-hearted debates like salt vs pepper and debating that. I was told that's stupid and it had to be salt vs no salt or pepper vs no pepper. And that nobody would be apart of it.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 15:00 

Sounds like we need a "Shenanigans" subforum :)

I'd use the shit out of it.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 16:09 

Nobody said it was stupid.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 20:43 

I would personally participate in a debate forum. I think, and this is just personal opinion, that it should have ground rules of some kind set up. Is this gonna be a really relaxed debate thing, or it is something that when you state and opinion or place on something you should provide info to back up your point so as to give the other debaters reference to what you are claiming? I would be fine either way, I just want to make sure its something where actual discussion happens even if its opposite sides and there isn't attacking things said and hurtful feelings had.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 20:53 

This thread is three years old.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 20:55 

Quote:
I would personally participate in a debate forum. I think, and this is just personal opinion, that it should have ground rules of some kind set up. Is this gonna be a really relaxed debate thing, or it is something that when you state and opinion or place on something you should provide info to back up your point so as to give the other debaters reference to what you are claiming? I would be fine either way, I just want to make sure its something where actual discussion happens even if its opposite sides and there isn't attacking things said and hurtful feelings had.
I took a civics class in high school. This is what I recall about debates.

Each team elects 1 speaker. Each speaker gets 3 1-minute intervals to speak. One team speaks, then the next team responds, then the first team gets to defend against the response. Then they switch. The speaking goes [Team 1 speaks about their idea][Team 2 tears them apart][Team 1 defends][Team 2 speaks about their idea][Team 1 tears them apart][Team 2 defends]. Each team can have 2 interjections where they can interrupt the other team and speak for 15 seconds.

That would have to be modified to have a forum debate. But some of the ideas still stand.

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 20:56 

Quote:
Should I make a new one instead?

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 20:58 

Um... Well... Um... I don't know

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 21:16 

Quote:
GODDAMMIT I'M BLIND

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 21:36 

no youre not.....youre goatmips

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2015 23:26 

Quote:
no youre not.....youre goatmips
Debate over. Blind wins. Blind 1-0 Goatmips

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015 01:07 

pwned!

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2015 07:47 

Well I made a debate forum with Travie as the moderator. If it's inactive I'll delete it again. It needs a rules thread to be functional or it will be mayhem. As I said before, I won't participate in it, so Travis it's up to you to keep it in line.