Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 04:32

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2012 19:38 

As some of you may have heard, we've been trying to build a new website for a few months now, throwing around ideas and whatnot. Apparently one of Jero's friends is trying to make one, but I can't seem to get any idea of where he is in that process and I don't really have much of an avenue to communicate with him. If he ends up getting back to us with his build and it's spectacular, that'll be cool, but until hearing back I'm going to recommission my dad to make the site. In order for him to start on the site, he needs me to email him all of the features he needs to complete it. Once I have emailed him, it'll be 3-4 weeks until the new site is done, so I'd like to get him started asap.

For him to be able to make the site, I'll have to know what sorts of features you want from it. For example, one feature I know we're going to incorporate is a front page that is similar to the counter-strike.net blog, where new information is posted regularly about happenings in the clan.

What additional features do you think the website should have?

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012 19:09 

On the front page, some sort of counter, "Server bill due in 12d 4h 32m 18s" or something like that.

A slick Donations button.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012 19:29 

so does anyone have any ideas? anything cool they have seen on another website. even if its just hey I saw this cool thing, because it could inspire other ideas.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2012 20:12 

We used to have a Donation button in one of my CS clan. It was bright, and clear enough so people could see it, and it was on the front page. When you cliked it, it sent you directly to who ever's account it had to go to. It gave you a few payment options, wich the most popular one was paypal. Anyone had access to it, and could donate what they wanted. It was on the top right of the page to be exact, and it did capture our eye, as it was big, and bright enough to see. when you cliked it, it also described exactly what you were paying for (Gaming machine, Fast download, Clan domain etc...). Not everyone understood what they were donating for, and thought some profit were made, for personal purposes, but by describing a list, people realized gaming wasn't cheap. Some even thought fast download was free at the time.

The Donation wasn't to slick thow, but in this case, slick would be cool, like having a logo in the donation button, or next to it, or just have the donation button in a logo.