Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 14:05

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 17:37 

I heard comments from multiple clan members today about hating the maps on our 20-slot workshop maps server. We originally took it down because of lack of interest, but with so many comments today I wanted to know if there is enough demand to restart it.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 17:41 

Nobody knows how to play on custom maps. Nobody knows how to follow a radar and to watch different spots. If its not a regular competitive map, all of these randoms that join are just bad. I think we should have the competitive server up with just regular competitive maps, like nuke, dust, dust2, inferno, vertigo, train, and any other maps that you think would be a good competitive map, like the map we played yesterday when redman tked.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 17:56 

Quote:
any other maps that you think would be a good competitive map, like the map we played yesterday when redman tked.
That's what these workshop maps rotation is supposed to be. These are the most popular workshop maps, many of which were made for CEVO's recent mapping competition. Most of them are well-known in the community and most of them are very well balanced for competitive play. That means that if I'm going to actually cut down the number of maps in the list, I need some feedback, since simply going on community feedback is not sufficient for our clan members.

This is our current "League Maps Collection", which is on the server that is not currently running. It contains any workshop map that has been played in a respected GO, Source, or 1.6 league that I have been able to find.

This is our current "Popular Workshop Maps Collection", which is on our server that is running. It contains all of the same maps as the league maps rotation, plus other competitively viable maps (such as the one was played yesterday), and a few maps that are simply popular in the community (such as rats or downtown).

Let me know if you see some maps in the "Popular Workshop Maps" collection that you would like added to the "League Maps Collection", or perhaps maps from either collection that you would like removed.

I can also shut down our current 20 slot server, leaving this custom map rotation only on the demolition server, and bring up the other 20 slot server with just the pared down version of the league maps. If you wanted only a server with "good competitive maps", I'd like some feedback on which of the maps fro the workshop collection are good competitive maps. For example, the one we were just playing on, de_fireholl, is very well balanced and a very popularly played workshop map, but if this map is not pleasing to the community I have to be informed of that.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 18:04 

that printshop map we played or whatever was a good balanced comp map I think.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 18:06 

Jero said he liked frost so I'll add that one as well.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 18:22 

These maps should stay on the server:

de_cache
Nuke_se
de_frost_se
de_office
De_rats_1337 (Was actually really fun to play)
de_mirage_ce
Vertigo
Train_se
Season
Office_se
Militia (Not my favorite but I know Serial loves it)
Inferno Competition Edit (de_inferno_ce)
Dust 2_se
Dust_se
Assault
Rose
de_mill_ce
Print
Aztec_se

All of the other maps we rarely play and noboby ever stays in the server long enough to enjoy them. You can throw in a little more custom maps to change it up a little but don't have it so its manly custom maps and no old league maps

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 18:34 

Quote:
All of the other maps we rarely play and noboby ever stays in the server long enough to enjoy them. You can throw in a little more custom maps to change it up a little but don't have it so its manly custom maps and no old league maps
How's this? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =125860779

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 20:12 

Looks good!

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 20:18 

Alright well I'll see if anybody else has any feedback tonight and I'll put it on the server tomorrow.

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2013 20:19 

Second question: Should I set it up as a pure rotation (arranging the maps in a pleasing order) or should I keep the vote system on it so you have to vote between ten maps every map?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 00:14 

vote between maps, and I like the new list.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 10:21 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I don't know the difference, but I just noticed cevo uses de_inferno_cs

Also, I don't think league maps should be considered as any map played in any league in csgo, source, and 1.6, because csgo isn't these other games and there are maps that are no longer used in leagues. I don't think cs_italy, de_dust, de_office, and cs_office count as league maps anymore. I think we need to add de_tuscan, de_mirage_go, de_shift and de_nuke_ve. To me, the "league maps" server should be dedicated to only league maps that are current. My suggestion would be to open the 20 slot back up with the map list you have currently which would be league maps and a few fun maps, rather than just workshop maps or just league maps.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 12:02 

um what? tuscan isn't a workshop map yet. nuke_ve? what?

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 12:03 

Quote:
the "league maps" server should be dedicated to only league maps that are current.
I think your'e getting too caught up on the name. I guess I could easily rename it "competitively viable maps" and it would be the same concept.

Anyway.

There's no good version of tuscan in the workshop, and you can't mix workshop maps with non-workshop maps. The best workshop version of de_mirage is on there, and de_nuke_ve is now indistinguishable from de_nuke_se. I've never even heard of shift but I added it anyway. I am going to keep the other maps up there because they are very popular with certain segments of the population (for example, source players love office). Since voting is enabled, if most people in the server don't want office it won't get played.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 12:09 

Tuscan is not official and probably wont be for a few more seasons.

I personally think we should stick to official global league maps for competitive servers because a competitive pub should be prep for actual competitive CS. Casual servers can have custom maps and then nobody will care that people will just camp and act like lemmings.

League Maps
----------------------
de_dust2_se
de_inferno_se
de_nuke_se
de_train_se
de_mirage_go
de_cache
de_mill_b3

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 12:14 

I personally don't agree that the purpose of pubbing should be to prep for competition, but I can gladly add a second server if you would like. I could re-launch one of our ten slot servers as that would be more competitive and make a limited workshop collection including those maps (except with de_mirage_ce and de_mill_ce, as those are the finalized workshop versions).

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 12:22 

It is the fact that since CSGO came out, the word competitive has become synonymous with Matchmaking and that type of gameplay. So some people will leave the server once it switches off of a "normal" map. Since many members feel the need to blast ESEA in their names (even people that have no idea what ESEA is :P) we should maybe slap a few 10 man pug mod servers up. Then we can at least say we offer an alternative when people ask. I would be easy to make the server spam an email address, or mumble where people could contact us if there is a cheater. I don't know I just think there is many niches out there that we can expand into.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 12:33 

I switched over our ten slot to that.

70.34.195.4:27018

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 12:57 

I'll work on putting a pug plugin on it tomorrow, but just be aware that with sourcemod and a hefty pug plugin you will be able to notice a registry difference.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2013 18:30 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I'll work on putting a pug plugin on it tomorrow, but just be aware that with sourcemod and a hefty pug plugin you will be able to notice a registry difference.
I thought everyone was using that free pug system? Leet something? I can't remember what it's called. Last I heard, everybody was excited with that thing. I'm sure somebody else will remember what its called

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.