Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:50

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 15:50 

Just a thought here.....

I am slowly making my way through the Meet the Members forum so that I can better get to know all of the members. I understand that some clan members are no longer currently active and are on long breaks, but are still AM members. It would be nice to know which members are currently active so that I know who to read about and ask questions to.

You have 34 members listed on the main web page....

What about breaking this list into 3 categories:

1) Owners
2) Active Members
3) Inactive Members

This would be beneficial for forum purposes (example above) as well as other reasons. People would know who to make Steam friend requests to, visitors would have an idea of how many active members are in the clan currently, etc. Obviously a member could always be moved back off the inactive list once they return from break.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 15:55 

Owners: Serial + Anubis
Active: Palms, Jeroh, Lexycon, Mutiny, Funny, Redman, Explicit, Northern, Jester, Azn, Kami, LtAce, Noctis, Stickly, Imok

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 16:00 

Thanks for the info Palms!

I still think it could be beneficial for others to categorize members on the web page.

I realized my OP subject was "color coding names." The point of my suggestion could be accomplished in various ways: distinct lists (mentioned above), different colored names, or I'm sure some other method I'm not thinking of.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 16:03 

Np Jabberwock, and btw Imok is getting his internet replaced and Redman's computer is having issues so they haven't been on in a while, but will be on soon hopefully

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 16:10 

Possibly on tonite :)!

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 17:17 

Quote:

I still think it could be beneficial for others to categorize members on the web page.

I realized my OP subject was "color coding names." The point of my suggestion could be accomplished in various ways: distinct lists (mentioned above), different colored names, or I'm sure some other method I'm not thinking of.
Are you talking about how me and serial have red names, and AM members have green names, when we post to the forums? Or are you talking about in the member roster to color code it in there?

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 18:35 

Quote:
Quote:

Are you talking about how me and serial have red names, and AM members have green names, when we post to the forums? Or are you talking about in the member roster to color code it in there?
Ya, the forum coloring (red and green) is what put the color idea in my mind. You could change the inactive members' forum colors to blue or something, but if they are inactive, then they probably won't be making forum posts, so you wouldn't see it anyways. I guess you could see it in older posts they've made in the past, that would make sense. So that might still be a good idea!

That said, I was primarily referring to making a modification to the master list on the main web page (before you get to the forums)... the list along the right side of the AM web page. You could either color code that list, or separate it into Active\Inactive lists, either one would work well I think. If you color code, of course you'd want to provide a key.

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014 18:51 

Ok I see what you're saying. I will have to think about it. I would probably forget to change people if they became active, and to me a person is always a member of the clan even if their life does not allow them to game. But I do understand that it would be helpful to new people. What does anybody else think?

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2014 01:04 

sure, I am fine with that. I guess it would be good to know that you are only needing to get to know x number of members vs the full roster.