Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 01:46

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Headshot only servers?
PostPosted: 19 Apr 2014 02:50 

I was thinking about new, different kinds of servers that I have played on that could possibly be beneficial. Probably the most helpful server to me would be the headshot only servers, the only problem is that the only ones I can find are the hugely over populated laggy deathmatch ones. I think it would be cool if a server was set up like a 5 on5 or even 10 on 10 and just like a competitive game. You could go in all kinds of different directions with this, maybe a pistol only headshot server.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2014 07:49 

the problem is that they require plugins like amx or something along those lines. Those are very taxing on servers. We keep our servers vanilla for excellent registry.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2014 11:09 

Can you put the amx plugin just on this type of server without effecting the others? I don't think it would really matter that big of a deal if the registry is a not perfect like our other servers seeing how Phobia said that the only other headshot only servers are really laggy. Those servers are probably EU or Brazil servers when US can't play in.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2014 11:13 

There are three problems with headshot only servers. The plug-in itself is horrendous and ruins registry, so you're going to be screwed there. You're practicing headshots against people who can only headshot you so they're much worse op opponents than if you go into a normal server and just practice your headshots there. And there are so many other headshot only servers ours would always be empty. So to me, it seems like a useless waste of time and resources.

I'm welcome to being convinced otherwise, though.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2014 13:56 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I'm welcome to being convinced otherwise, though.
You're wrong. Do I win now?

But seriously, I have never been in a good headshot only server - even in 1.6 and CZ. They've always had terrible reg, like is has been said above. You would be much better off playing the 1 click game (where you shoot one bullet, then reload) in a normal server, than going to a headshot only server.

My next suggestion would be to go into a DM server and just single click. That's how I warm up when I never warm up.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014 01:26 

I stand corrected then haha, I never never that plug in ruined the reg. Well the more I know. Do you why the plug-ins ruin the reg? I am confused on how it does that.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014 10:25 

yeah anubis made a great point, playing against handicapped people makes u bad the best way to get good is really just to play against better people because how adjust how to play against people of a higher skill

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014 11:37 

Its a tasking plugin for the server. It uses a lot of resources. Also, it just does something to the way the bullets register on the hitboxes. I can't explain it but just playing in it then immediately going to a server without the plugin lets you see just how bad the bullets were registering. Anubis (amaroq) might be able to explain better.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2014 11:51 

No, I have no idea how the plugins work. All I know is that it's very obvious when you join a hs only server that nothing hits where it's supposed to.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2014 21:55 

Quote:
That's how I warm up when I never warm up.
Wait...what? My brain hurts.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2014 23:10 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Quote:
That's how I warm up when I never warm up.
Wait...what? My brain hurts.

XD

I dont warm up before mathmaking, but if I happen to warm up because somebodys match is almost done - that is what I do

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2014 23:19 

Quote:
I dont warm up before mathmaking, but if I happen to warm up because somebodys match is almost done - that is what I do
Haha, ok bud. I guess that kind of makes sense, lol. :D

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 12:54 

Quote:

I like to do long division for my mathmaking.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 13:15 

Ha!

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2014 14:42 

Quote:
Quote:

I like to do long division for my mathmaking.

Golden!