What type of server?
Another 1v1 server 70%  70%  [ 7 ]
An aim deathmatch server 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
Keep the 64 tick deathmatch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I have a better idea! 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes: 10
PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 16:23 

What type of server should I make?

Our 1v1 server is quite popular right now, so serial and I were tossing around the idea of making another 1v1 server. I could even install a plugin to each server where if one or the other is full, it will redirect incoming traffic to the other server. (I think, anyway. I know an amx plugin existed for that, so I'm assuming a sourcemod plugin does as well.)

However, another mod I've noticed that is very popular but that there aren't a lot of servers for is a deathmatch server running aim maps. This allows people to play deathmatch mode (with respawns and the ability to use whatever weapon you want) with the difficulty of playing on aim maps, which generally require quicker reaction times than normal maps.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 17:50 

I think the idea of having a second 1v1 server is a great idea.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 18:41 

I think a CoD server where all weapon recoil is 0

No but I think a 2v2 server if there's a plugin for that

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 19:40 

I would prefer the aim deathmatch server personally, but I also like the idea of making our pubbers happy. If they are complaining about not being able to play on the 1v1 because it is always full, then maybe I'd change my vote to that.

I definitely like the idea of dumping the 64 tick.

And not to divert the topic, but would it be possible to improve our FFA 128 tick deathmatch server? A few notable things that come to mind:
- No CZ-Auto in the buy menu.
- Some maps are bugged with a spawn location where you are stuck and cannot move when you spawn there, you just have to type Kill in console.
- When you choose CT after joining the server, it only displays your custom skins that are CT skins. If you have a custom T skin but you've chosen CT side, it just shows the default game skin instead. I've been on other DM servers where my custom AK skin (for example) is displayed regardless of which team I joined at the beginning.
- Is it possible to increase the number of spawn locations on certain maps? This makes for more variety and less predictability (this is minor).

Thanks

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 20:05 

Idea: Surf? I know there are quite a bit of servers out there now but a fun server like that would be nice. Or how about a KZ server? Learn to bhop and strafe. If not then another 1v1 would also be great.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 20:59 

This is Amaroq, posting from serial's computer because mine is currently off and I'm about to go to bed anyway.
Quote:
- No CZ-Auto in the buy menu.
Unfortunately, the deathmatch plugin is currently unsupported. It's leagues better than Valve's deathmatch, but any problems with the plugin are unavoidable.
Quote:
- Some maps are bugged with a spawn location where you are stuck and cannot move when you spawn there, you just have to type Kill in console.
Tell me the positions and I will delete them. Use cl_showpos 1 in console and just take a screenshot when you spawn in a bad place and send the link to me. You can post them in the feedback thread for the deathmatch server.
Quote:
- When you choose CT after joining the server, it only displays your custom skins that are CT skins. If you have a custom T skin but you've chosen CT side, it just shows the default game skin instead. I've been on other DM servers where my custom AK skin (for example) is displayed regardless of which team I joined at the beginning.
Tell me what server that was in and I will look into it. AFAIK, this is actually impossible, so I would need to talk to the server owners and ask about it.
Quote:
- Is it possible to increase the number of spawn locations on certain maps? This makes for more variety and less predictability (this is minor).
Yep. Screenshot some places you want to be able to spawn with showpos 1 and I will add them.
Quote:
Idea: Surf? I know there are quite a bit of servers out there now but a fun server like that would be nice. Or how about a KZ server? Learn to bhop and strafe. If not then another 1v1 would also be great.
There are two problems with making a bhop or kz server. (1) There are so many other well-established bhop/kz servers that nobody would ever play in ours (from past experience, this even includes our own members) and (2) the surf plugin is currently unsupported. Anybody who is running a surf server right now is using an older version of the plugin that is no longer available for download. The amount of work it would take to get a running surf server going (I would probably have to pay a server admin for the plugin if they would give it to me at all) would not justify the low number of people who played in it.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 21:53 

Another 1v1 server. Our current one is in the top 2% of all CSGO servers. It is also the #4 1v1 server in the US(#2 For East/Cent) in less than 1 month. It is also packed to the gills during peak hours. I think the exposure is important and the public seem to favor that gametype over others. We have a chance to capture a niche, and adding more servers show that community that we care.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 22:12 

[quot e="jero"]Another 1v1 server. Our current one is in the top 2% of all CSGO servers. It is also the #4 1v1 server in the US(#2 For East/Cent) in less than 1 month. It is also packed to the gills during peak hours. I think the exposure is important and the public seem to favor that gametype over others. We have a chance to capture a niche, and adding more servers show that community that we care.[/quote]jeros totally right. More servers=more people=more traffic=more community members, more server feedback and more members to really beach out and extend the clan

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 22:14 

DAFUQ?!?!? I hit the quote button and it fucked it up. I down know my own strength of my superpower

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 22:52 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Another 1v1 server. Our current one is in the top 2% of all CSGO servers. It is also the #4 1v1 server in the US(#2 For East/Cent) in less than 1 month. It is also packed to the gills during peak hours. I think the exposure is important and the public seem to favor that gametype over others. We have a chance to capture a niche, and adding more servers show that community that we care.
I don't know if serial mentioned this to you, Anubis (and everybody else). I was matchmaking last night, and somebody on my team asked me if I'm the real AM. I was confused and asked him what he meant. He said, "Absurd Minds. Are you a real clan member?" I was a little shocked and told him yes. He said he loves our 1v1 server and plays in it ALL the time.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2014 23:45 

Change vote to 1v1 server. Get more!

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 06:44 

Quote:

I don't know if serial mentioned this to you, Anubis (and everybody else). I was matchmaking last night, and somebody on my team asked me if I'm the real AM. I was confused and asked him what he meant. He said, "Absurd Minds. Are you a real clan member?" I was a little shocked and told him yes. He said he loves our 1v1 server and plays in it ALL the time.
That's actually what sparked this thread :D

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 07:14 

Whenever I get home from work I'll make the new server, so get your votes in by then.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 08:16 

Were famous!

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 12:17 

Based on the input above, I'd like to change my vote to a 2nd 1v1 server. It won't let me change my vote in the poll though.

I actually played in the 1v1 last night for the first time. It was pretty fun, especially getting to shoot Kami in the face. =D

Is there a way to get our clan tag to display while playing in the 1v1? I noticed it just shows my name as "JabberwocK" instead of "[AM] JabberwocK" like on other servers. It might help from an admin perspective. There was a player being racist in the server last night. I warned him to stop about 5 times and he just ignored me. Finally I kicked him and when he came back he stopped. I'm guessing he didn't take me seriously because I wasn't displaying a tag.

Also, I like the advertising on the 1v1 about joining our mumble and checking out our community at absurdminds.net. Do we have an advertisement that says "Come play with us at The Asylum, our 20 slot pub: 50.31.113.10:27016" or something like that? It would be great to use the 1v1 traffic as a springboard to try to get more people playing The Asylum.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 12:50 

No, there isn't a way to get the clan tag to display. I will look around for a clan tag protection plugin so anybody with the tag as part of their name can get kicked, but the plugin runs that way and will always delete your set clan tag.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 12:57 

Quote:
No, there isn't a way to get the clan tag to display. I will look around for a clan tag protection plugin so anybody with the tag as part of their name can get kicked, but the plugin runs that way and will always delete your set clan tag.
I found one plugin, but it's so old I doubt it works with csgo. I will try it when I get home though.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 12:59 

Quote:
Ok. Is there any other way to differentiate an admin.... maybe have their name appear in a different color on the scoreboard or something? Not trying to get too complicated here, but it seems like it would be beneficial for players to be able to know who an admin is when they are on the server. Or is there an argument for having admins remain anonymous?

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 13:03 

I don't know. You can look at alliedmods and try to find a plugin. I will Google something like "sourcemod admin name colors" or something. If you can find a plugin I can get it up faster than if I have to do all the research

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2014 13:08 

Ok, I will try and do a little research also when I get some time. Thanks.