Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 07:25

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Ranks on our 1v1 server
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2014 11:17 

As soon as I can figure out why I can't install MySQL, I'll be putting ranks on one of our 1v1 servers.

I'll then monitor the servers for a while and see if it makes the server more popular or less popular.

If it makes the server more popular, I will probably put ranks on the other one, as well.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2014 11:42 

Actually, as per Jero's advice, I won't do this until I can get a home machine set up again. Apparently running mysql on the same machine as your game servers is what absolutely breaks the registry.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2014 12:15 

I found a non-sql-based stats plugin for now. It is on our #1 1v1 server (50.31.113.10:27025). I am keeping our #2 server (50.31.113.10:27019) free of a stats plugin for comparison purposes.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2014 15:06 

MySQL can sometimes be a piece of crap, but when it works, it works.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014 01:25 

I think ranks would only make a server more popular (assuming no performance degradation), as the people who like them will have them and the people who don't care about them won't check them anyways.
I guess it depends on what is involved exactly with "putting ranks on a server." I have seen servers where you can go visit the server web page to see your rank. I've seen others where you can request your rank while in game.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014 10:08 

You would think, but when we first started our server so many people thanked me for not putting ranks on it.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014 11:21 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Is this just placebo effect, that I'm finding the registration of my shots to be poor? I've been doing 64 tick deathmatch over playing in our servers because my shots aren't counting. I don't mean those "Woooowwwww that totally hittttt! I sprayeddd youuuuuuu". The shots where they aren't looking or moving and I'm clicking but its not hitting. Could also be the game broken for me again if you are confident it isn't the server.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 16 Oct 2014 11:57 

I haven't experienced any registry problems in our servers. But the game could also still be broken. I remember a couple weeks ago when it was broken for everybody else in the whole world I actually couldn't miss.

EDIT: I wonder if the new movement values are fucking with you, and you notice it more in the precision of a 128 tick server rather than within the interpolation of 64 tick?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2014 10:57 

I updated the ranks on our 1v1. I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work so the stats will be sent to a website, but I'm not having the greatest luck with that.

In the process of getting ranks to work, I had to update sourcemod. Please let me know if you notice your admin isn't working correctly anymore.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2016 11:06 

Quote:
Is this just placebo effect, that I'm finding the registration of my shots to be poor? I've been doing 64 tick deathmatch over playing in our servers because my shots aren't counting. I don't mean those "Woooowwwww that totally hittttt! I sprayeddd youuuuuuu". The shots where they aren't looking or moving and I'm clicking but its not hitting. Could also be the game broken for me again if you are confident it isn't the server.
Trav, I identified another cvar that might have been causing this. Let me know if you notice any difference.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2016 23:24 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I'll pop on tomorrow and give it a test for a couple maps

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.