Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 20:26

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010 05:20 

When you can guys have the time and can afford it , I know Davy really loves the super hero servers he playes it all day ... And i like to play it too

Post subject: Re: Super hero Mode
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010 10:33 

We'll see what we can do about that... .

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010 12:00 

Super hero mods are really resource intensive, so it would have to be after we upgrade our hardware, or after we find enough people willing to help pay the monthly bill for a hosted server.

Anybody who is willing to pitch in money for a hosted server, let us know. If there are enough people, we'll get it ASAP, but if not, we will definitely set one up after our hardware gets upgraded.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010 12:16 

yeah I have no problem hosting a super hero server on our computer at home. Right now its a single core processor that is really maxed out. I plan on buying a quad core with 4 gigs of ddr2 ram. I also plan on upgrading to Comcast business internet which will give me lots more speed supposedly. So between these two upgrades I could have you a super hero server that would running on 500-1000 fps at all times. Even if you had a higher ping, you should still see smooth gameplay. So we will test some things out as the money comes in. Like anubis said anyone that wants to pitch money towards hardware, internet, or to maybe PURCHASE a server just let us know.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010 01:58 

Back when I played - I really enjoy it.
But, mostly with Bots. It seems that it was hard for new comers to play because it was pretty much all based off of Exp.
So this kind of turns away new comers.
Thats how I see it. (Don't get me wrong, if we had a server, I would be the first one in there =D)

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2010 11:10 

well I found the stuff online I am needing. I want an I-7 quad core, but I just can't afford that right now. I am looking at getting the phenom II 955 black edition quad core from AMD. also a gigabyte MOBO and two 2 gig chips of ddr2 or ddr3 I forget. Anyone interested in helping with this purchase, just email me at serialp0rt@absurdminds.net because I have no set up the paypal just yet. Anubis is hopefully getting this job today after the interview so if that works out we might be upgrading the internet in a week or two. The cost of that will be 20 more dollars a month than I pay already. Also, anyone wanting more servers hosted from our home should consider this. We can get together and discuss what others can pitch in, and I will do my best to cover the difference.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 14:47 

That s why me and Davy want to pay something monthly ... For the clan and to build a super hero mode too

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2010 15:04 

I do not think I can run the super hero =(

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010 15:12 

Should I put bots on the superhero server?

I'm currently installing a superhero server, now that the pub server is hosted, to see if the machine can handle it.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2010 23:06 

I just got done messin round on the new superhero mod. Really fun mod, but one thing i think would be better is if you had a cooldown timer on the "manual" abilities. Like when i use dazzler, i cant use it again for a bit, obviously to prevent spamming, but never know when i can use it again, if i even can (bomberman). just a suggestion.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010 00:00 

Oh hey there giddeon. Thanks for joining the forums, we really appreciate feedback and having good folks around. Anubis and serialport have the access and will be able to answer your question regarding the super hero mod server. I do know that since it's brand new there have been no modifications to the server, but with feedback and over time, the proper modifications will be made. Super hero is so cool by the way, thanks for helping me out earlier. :P

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010 00:01 

Hmmm, I looked in the config, and most of them do seem to have cooldown timers. I'll have to figure out why they aren't working properly.

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2010 00:01 

cool, thanks for the suggestions and we will get on that as soon as we can. It will take a little bit to get all the settings just right for each of the abilities. Please post anymore suggestions you have and let us know how to make this server better.

PostPosted: 04 May 2010 13:27 

Is it possible to add more bots onto the server??
Or to make it that when I'm playing I can go 10 V 2?

PostPosted: 04 May 2010 14:15 

Is it too easy how it is now, or do you just want the opportunity to get more XP every round by having 10 really easy bots to kill instead of just 5? You could always turn the bot difficulty up (in the amxmodmenu, page 2, go to the "Configurations" page). In fact, I've been thinking of turning it up permanently (although it might then be too difficult for a person who's new to the server to level up - I'm trying to decide). I could also add more bots, like 12 or 14 total. But I don't know if putting all the bots on one team would be very good. I think it might make it too easy to gain XP.

EDIT: I was thinking about making it so that the bots don't join until a human players joins, so that the bots don't just sit there gaining XP while humans aren't on the server. Let me know what you all think of that idea.