It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:44

All times are UTC-04:00

Pistols for the 1v1
Pistols back on only rifle rounds 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Pistols back for all round 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
NO PISTOLS!!! >:D 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 8
PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015 18:57 

While in the 1v1 just now, a number of players had a request for people to have pistols on rifle rounds but not on awp or scout round. I think maybe 5 in the server agreed that this would be a good change and no one was against it. I for one vote to have pistols back on rifle rounds but not for scope rounds

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015 19:25 

I don't know how to do that. There is one cvar, which controls it for all rifle rounds, including awp rounds. As far as I know, it's all or nothing.

I can look into it and maybe try to change the scripting. In that case, my vote is for no pistols on any rounds.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015 19:30 

I don't think that will be such a great idea. Get a dink with the M4? Chase him down and dodge his shots, spraying a USP/P2K.

The point of 1v1 IMO is to practice that one weapon against that other weapon. Adding a pistol seems like adding a handicap.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015 19:49 

Quote:
I don't think that will be such a great idea. Get a dink with the M4? Chase him down and dodge his shots, spraying a USP/P2K.

The point of 1v1 IMO is to practice that one weapon against that other weapon. Adding a pistol seems like adding a handicap.
Yeah, that's a good articulation of my feelings as well. It would just be too easy with a pistol.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015 20:35 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I agree with anubis and goatmips. And dude, that is the most unclear poll I've ever seen -.-

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015 20:38 

I didn't even see the poll. :( damn tapatalk

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015 21:58 

The poll makes sense to me, Travis!

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015 06:34 

I'm going to move this thread to "Feedback"

The poll is pretty even lol. This fits in line exactly with the fact that half the community begged us to remove pistols, and the other half is now begging to have them back.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015 09:26 

Quote:

Ppl use the 1v1 for different reasons. To warmup, use a single, gun or for fun. You don't have to use the pistol if you don't want to. It just seems more realistic to me

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015 12:31 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
We could have the other 1v1 with pistols?

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015 18:16 

Quote:
We could have the other 1v1 with pistols?
im all for that

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015 18:40 

I'm not. If I do that, I'll have to separate the stats, which is just going to segment the servers, where both servers have like 3 people instead of one server having 6 because they're different.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015 22:15 

Quote:
I'm not. If I do that, I'll have to separate the stats, which is just going to segment the servers, where both servers have like 3 people instead of one server having 6 because they're different.
What's the difference? If the servers get changed to adding pistols to rounds, won't half the people leave anyway?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 06:41 

Quote:
What's the difference? If the servers get changed to adding pistols to rounds, won't half the people leave anyway?
Well, it's significantly easier to get kills if you have a pistol and a rifle, so the ranks couldn't be the same. That would segment the community of "people who like our server" into two distinct groups that would rarely cross.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 07:09 

Yes it is easier to get kills with a pistol and rifle. But only slightly. It would still be fair for both players as well as giving them an option to practice their pistols when they eco. If one player is only using a pistol and killing everybody, imagine what they would do with a rifle.

And the stats can stay the same if one server has them because it's even for both players

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 08:11 

Man, I just don't know. :( It just seems like a bad idea to me to make them different.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 10:24 

My last point is that all the successful surf servers have varying difficulties (eg tier 1-3, tier 1-5, tier 4-5). They also share ranks between the different servers.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 10:42 

My main reason against it, it literally creates fights every couple of minutes. People bitch more about you pulling a pistol out to finish an enemy than anything else I have seen in 1 v 1.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 11:45 

One thing I've learned from teaching is people will complain about whatever you do no matter what it is. You can do exactly what they ask and people will still complain. The thing is you have to make it the best and not cave to complaints. The question should be "is it best to have pistols" rather than "are people asking for pistols today". These are hard questions to tease apart when you provide a service, but they are distinct.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2015 14:59 

Quote:
My main reason against it, it literally creates fights every couple of minutes. People bitch more about you pulling a pistol out to finish an enemy than anything else I have seen in 1 v 1.
ive only ever heard that on awp rounds. Every one agrees to not have pistols on awp round