Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:33

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: 1v1 Vote Pop-up
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2015 23:13 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I HATE the fact that the vote pops up mid round. It is intrusive and messes with my playing. What is the problem with reactivating the default voting system? Is that not a viable option for some reason?

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

Post subject: Re: 1v1 Vote Pop-up
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015 07:49 

Quote:
What is the problem with reactivating the default voting system?
There's a lot of features in Valve's map voting system that are broken, and the 10-map vote becomes overwhelming with the number of custom maps the 1v1 has on it. It does fine on servers where there's always an admin around to perform a workaround, but otherwise it's simply not viable.

The only thing I can change right now is I set the vote to where you have to hit esc to see the vote. I have no idea how this works and it might not. Let me know if it fails.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015 11:25 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
That's awesome. Since 1v1 is sourcemod, what about a nomination system? I know of some surf servers that have it. Nominate maps, most nominations wins, can't nominate a map that's been played in the last "x" maps (usually 4 or 5). I'll try out the ESC after work.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015 11:28 

It's already is on there

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015 11:34 

Quote:
It's already is on there
I didn't even realize! I think I'd like to make a small giveaway to make people pay more attention to votes and maps (I dont know any map names and rarely vote meaningfully).

Something like making a forum post with a shortened url and if you sign up and post your favorite 1v1 map, you are entered in a draw for 2 keys and 2 cases or something.

I think something like this will help on multiple levels. Maybe a less than $.10 skin for any viable criticism of the servers or something. Just brainstorming.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015 13:45 

Every clan member should spend at least an hour or so a week on the 1v1. Serial and anubis are pretty much the only people who are in there on a daily basis. I used to be but I would rage tons. Let's all make it a goal to be in there some.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015 13:54 

If you don't have time, one thing I like to do is pop in and ask "is everything going well in here?" and then say "cool. I can't really stick around but feel free to add me on steam if something comes up." Even something like that shows a presence and makes a really good impression.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2015 18:15 

The map vote didn't work. The only other alternative is to disable map vote and just allow rtv