Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:42

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Let's redo our servers
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017 18:40 

It's no secret that our servers are generally empty. I was thinking we could redo some of our servers to make them things more people want.

If you are willing to regularly admin a particular type of server, please post that server type here.

I am considering removing the following servers, so please speak up if you want us to keep them:
128 tick deathmatch (Removed)
Gungame (Removed)
Aim/awp/fy/fun
5v5 Comp server

I am considering changing the Asylum to also include the standard Valve maps, so that it runs a rotation of all maps that have ever been in Valve's game mode. See here for current changes.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017 19:10 

I am okay with that really. They've not been too active.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017 21:11 

I don't think we should remove the 5v5 comp. I will take that one over if necessary.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017 21:13 

I think a casual server would be a good idea. I know that isn't something we generally do or even promote, but casual seems to be popular with people. Something 16k each round. All talk can be off like it is in normal casual but its relaxed. I think that would be good, anyone else?

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2017 22:45 

i would be down for a casual server. but 16k screams negev/auto every round

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 03:36 

Quote:
i would be down for a casual server. but 16k screams negev/auto every round
That's part of the charm I would say.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 06:40 

Quote:
I don't think we should remove the 5v5 comp. I will take that one over if necessary.
The only time we ever play 5v5 is to do our 10-mans. That's why I thought there would be no real reason to keep that server.
Quote:
I think a casual server would be a good idea. I know that isn't something we generally do or even promote, but casual seems to be popular with people. Something 16k each round. All talk can be off like it is in normal casual but its relaxed.
I was wondering if maybe we should make our asylum like that. Most people who enjoyed the operation maps enjoyed them in a more casual setting. 16k start money on those maps may be more popular than the current set up.

I personally would really enjoy it. Not to be blasphemous, but those were my favorite servers in 1.6.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 06:58 

I am ok with experimenting around. Its not like we can't change something back.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 13:33 

tbh as long as we keep the 1v1 servers then im cool with whatever. thats my bread and butter

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 17:05 

Quote:
tbh as long as we keep the 1v1 servers then im cool with whatever. thats my bread and butter
Yeah those aren't going anywhere lol.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 18:24 

I also really enjoy the aim server. I often forget about it and am not sure how many people really know we have it. I do have lots of fun on that server especially when its near full.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2017 20:20 

I am considering closing our 1v1 #2 server and see what happens. I'm not sure if we still need to have 2, and it might be hurting us to spread the population across two servers.

Has anybody seen both be full at the same time recently? I could have just missed it.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2017 22:39 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I haven't seen both full in a long time.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2017 08:45 

I shut number 2 down yesterday and 1 was full almost all night. Hopefully this was a good change.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 12:22 

Any ideas for what types of servers we should make in the stead of those we removed? We don't have to make any extra ones if we don't want, but we do have the resources.

Since the retakes server got little traffic during the monthly game mode, I'll probably remove that one at the end of the month unless things turn around.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 13:10 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I thought the purpose of removing those was so we could keep our fewer servers more populated. I think the way to go would be to only keep a handful of servers.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 15:11 

Quote:
I thought the purpose of removing those was so we could keep our fewer servers more populated. I think the way to go would be to only keep a handful of servers.
No, the purpose of removing them was to make room for other servers that people actually wanted to play in.
Quote:
I was thinking we could redo some of our servers to make them things more people want.
However, the caveat was that it had to be a type of server people were willing to play in often enough to justify.
Quote:
If you are willing to regularly admin a particular type of server, please post that server type here.
I am just trying to make sure that people haven't forgotten to make suggestions (or misunderstood the question entirely). If nobody has any suggestions, that's fine too.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 16:47 

Ahhh my mistake. Honestly, I'm not sure what other servers to add that people would FREQUENTLY play in. The 1v1 has been MUCH more active now that #2 is taken down. Sure it might suck when it's full, but at least it IS full. People are using it more. I haven't been in the other servers though.