Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:30

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Forum addons
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2010 11:41 

Okay so I am in the very near future going to install Mibbet (web based IRC plugin) so that we can connect to the AM irc server just by checking the website. I am also going to install phpcalender which will allow all the members to have a place to check whats going on with everyone on what day and also allow people to post in there. So I can set practice times in there and people will always know whats going on.

Now I have also found several other cool plugins for the forums. I will provide a link here for you to browse through the plugins and let me know if there is anything that catches your interest. If you like it please reply with it and have a link if possible and if enough agree we can try it out. I have thought about adding a voting process and karma indicator for posts. So if you post something that people like they can upvote it and you will gain karma. It will have no other factor than just bragging rights I guess. I love reddit so I thought it was cool. Let me know what everyone thinks. Don't forget you can change your forum display by going into your user control panel. We have several diff views installed.

Post subject: Re: Forum addons
PostPosted: 05 Nov 2010 16:42 

I don't like karma features in forums. I think it creates too much of a status dynamic, an inequality, that tends to ruin the community.

Post subject: Re: Forum addons
PostPosted: 06 Nov 2010 05:36 

well i doubt well have like...negative karma cuz were all cool and shit...but something of that sort would be cool