Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 20 Apr 2024 09:38

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015 21:29 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
First off, this is a giant hyper link to my My Anime List. It shows what I am currently watching, what I have completed, and what I plan on watching. I rate all completed shows.

My Top 5 MUST WATCH Anime's:

Number 5: Another

Number 4: Mirai Nikki a.k.a. Future Diary

Number 3: Akame Ga Kill

Number 2: No Game No Life

NUMBER 1 ALL TIME MUST WATCH: Sword Art Online

This is my all-time Number One favorite anime. It is about a world where full-immersion virtual reality gaming is the norm.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2015 22:12 

THANK YOU. A friend of mine has this page if you're ever looking for stuff to watch. (I'm not trying to hijack your thread - I'm trying to combine all my things into one easy-to-locate page.)

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015 01:10 

I love more than five, but ive gone old school lately and have started watching Hajime no Ippo, just awesome boxing and hilarious lol

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015 14:33 

Here are some that I have watched:

- Neon Genesis Evangelion series (A MASTERPIECE! If you want an anime that will mess with your mind and you don't mind a story that starts off slow then don't miss this one. Also watch the 2 movies after the TV series. Oh and I highly recommend the Rebuild series AFTER watching all of the original TV series + the 2 movies.)

- Rurouni Kenshin series (Great action comedy anime. I highly suggest watching the prequel movie; Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal since it helps you understand how the protagonist got to where he is and I highly recommend Samurai X: Reflection after the TV series.)

- Ranma 1/2 (This one is pure martial arts comedy. Just be ready for some bizarre and nonsensical martial arts hilarity.)

- Elfen Lied (Brilliant series but very gory and a substantial amount of nudity. However, the nudity is done in a non-sexual manner and very understandable why it's there. It touches on some serious mature themes so comedy is lacking.)

- Trigun (Magnificent spaghetti western-style anime. Lots of action and comedy.)

- Requiem For The Phantom (A great action anime about assassins. A rather serious anime and lacks comedic value. Great to watch if you're wanting an anime purely for action.)

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2015 21:02 

Good choices Azn, Trigun! A classic! I also remembered Darker than Black is pretty good too and mind blowy.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2016 11:24 

I loved trigun, its one of my favorites of all time.....anubis thinks its dumb though.....what I am I gonna do with her?

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2016 02:09 

Im a car guy but I just finished watching WanganMidnight. God damn it do i want an S30 even more than ever.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017 18:44 

I've made one of my own. It's pretty short so far, but it's a good way to keep track of everything I want to watch and what I have watched.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/amar0q

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017 19:34 

I'm always searching high and low for really good anime shows with furry characters (anything between talking-animals, shapeshifters, to anthromorphs). Here is a list of some I recommend:

Wolf's Rain
Hyper Police
Inuyasha
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Ranma 1/2
Spice and Wolf
Fruits Basket

Anyone know of any more anime that has furry characters?

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2017 19:36 

Quote:
I'm always searching high and low for really good anime shows with furry characters (anything between talking-animals, shapeshifters, to anthromorphs). Here is a list of some I recommend:

Wolf's Rain
Hyper Police
Inuyasha
Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Ranma 1/2
Spice and Wolf
Fruits Basket

Anyone know of any more anime that has furry characters?
God dammit

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017 11:12 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I'd like to update that I've since watched DeathNote and Ajin, and I have enjoyed both of those. I'm just finishing deathnote now. I have a handful of episodes left.

Netflix actually is doing quite well with the anime's they have. It will never be as good as crunchyroll, because that's a dedicated anime site, but it's a good contender.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017 15:04 

My all time top are
Steins;Gate
Fullmetal Alchemist
Tokyo Ghoul
Ao no Exorcist
Nanatsu no Taizai / The Seven Deadly Sins
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei
Zankyou no Terror
No Game No Life
Log Horizon
Nisekoi
Kuroko no Basuke
Golden Time
Noragami
SAO
Death Note
Hataraku Maou-sama!
Devil Survivor
Code: Breaker
Bakuman
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
Zetsuen no Tempest
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo
Project K
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Bleach (too long to get into by now)

not all necessarily in that order but these are the ones I've really enjoyed. They all range from action, comedy, to drama, romance.
I haven't watched any anime in over a year now and sometimes I feel like I would but haven't got down to it.

On my list is definitely World Trigger. I read the first few chapters of the manga when it first debuted when I still had SJ subscription and it was really interesting.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017 16:19 

As I listed in the OP, if anybody is looking for a new anime, I really recommend Mirai Nikki.

It's much more dark than your typical anime of any genre. It's quite twisted.

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017 17:16 

Cool I am happy for all these uodates

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2017 22:20 

recently watched Fullmetal Alchemist and One Punch Man and both were great

PostPosted: 29 Aug 2017 11:59 

Cory in the house was pretty good

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017 04:19 

Quote:
Cool I am happy for all these uodates
The only reason why there are any updates is because Ginger posted a shitty joke.
Quote:
Cory in the house was pretty good
The quintessential anime of any generation.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017 06:49 

Quote:
The only reason why there are any updates is because Ginger posted a shitty joke.
You don't think my post had anything to do with it?

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017 11:43 

Quote:
Quote:
You don't think my post had anything to do with it?
joshy only has eyes for me. <3<3 ;) XOXO its clear he doesn't pay attention to other posts 8-) 8-) :ugeek:

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2017 16:02 

Quote:
I've made one of my own. It's pretty short so far, but it's a good way to keep track of everything I want to watch and what I have watched.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/amar0q
What did you think of No Game No Life and Sword Art Online?

I LOVED No Game No Life, and look forward to a movie that there has been rumours about. As far as I know, there are no plans to continue the series. The twist on rules of reality really had me hooked.

Sword Art Online is definitely my hard favorite though. I would definitely be playing a game like SAO if it existed safely.