Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 09:59

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016 16:02 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
So today I decided to tinker with my civic and clean up some small issues/nuisances. One of them being an idle issue. It was a 2 part issue.
1) It would idle at 2000 rpm
2) Sometimes the idle would have a seizure and non-stop bounce back and forth between 1000 rpm and 2000 rpm

I decided to take a simplified approach of "I have no idea what I'm doing so let's logic this."

I started at the air intake, the pipe that pulls air from the atmosphere into the engine, and followed it up to the throttle body, the wire that is directly connected to the gas pedal. I tried to see if anything didn't really make sense. It all seemed fine. I looked at the throttle body to see if everything was connected. What is this? A random plug with an attachment that looks like it goes inside of a pipe or something. I couldn't figure it out because every plug was plugged in and every hole was filled. I asked my friend after sending him a picture and he told me to cut a hole into the rubber hose that connects the intake pipe to the throttle body. Seemed sketchy but I figured worse case scenario is I go buy a new $2 rubber hose from home depot. I cut a hole with a knife and shove this plug in there. Start the engine. Idle is still at 2000 rpm. Getting frustrated, and enjoying the sound of my exhaust, i rev the shit out of the car for a few seconds.

Bam.

Idle drops down to 800. Fixed.

I still have to clean some throttle body/ air intake parts because the idle will get stuck if i barely rev it. It will get stuck at like 1300 rpm if i tap the gas to rev it. I'm going to try cleaning the Idle Air Control Valve and see if that works. It SHOULD fix that issue.

Next are brakes. I haven't decided if I'm going to pay somebody to put them on for me or if I'll do it myself. My main decider is if this combo pack comes back in stock for a jack, jack stands, creeper, oil filter wrench, oil pan, and wheel chocks all for $80.00. If I can get that, I'll give it a shot doing it myself.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2016 23:40 

If revving the shit out of the car fixed the RPM issue, I think slamming on the brakes should make your brakes brand new. Save some money, think outside the box. :D :D

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 00:09 

>Revving hard to fix high RPM

Similar thing could be said that crashing a plain fixes the plain from crashing.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 19:22 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
>Revving hard to fix high RPM

Similar thing could be said that crashing a plain fixes the plain from crashing.
HOW DO YUO CRASH A PLAIN? IS THAT LIKE A PLANE?

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2016 21:41