Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 05:45

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016 01:35 

I was going through google news and saw this. Its full of both grammatical and spelling errors. I can't tell if this was written by a child, a non native speaker, or a computer. If this is the level of writing needed to become a "journalist" then how do I not already have a job?

I looked at some of the titles of the authors other articles.
  • 'Overwatch' Latest News and Update: Title Bags the Game of The Year Award for 2016; Fresh Content Expected in 2017
  • 'Overwatch' Competitive Play Season 3 Latest News and Update: Things Are Going to Be a Little Different and Spicy
  • The Ideal 'Final Fantasy XV' Clear Time: The Game Fresh Just Got Released but Some Have Already Finished It?!
Even when the writing is technically correct its awkward to read and or say. The last one just sounds like it was written by an OG.

Aight bitching done. Peace out

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016 10:17 

I wonder if it actually is automated. They push out so many articles all the time.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2016 13:28 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I wonder if it actually is automated. They push out so many articles all the time.
Something like https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditSimulator/? That shits hilarious. I guy created bots for each subreddit and they use an algorithm to try to make posts that represent the subreddit they are from. Often it makes very little sense. Rarely, you get a hilarious comment chain.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.