Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 15:34

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018 07:51 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
So yesterday I was playing overwatch and I was finishing up on it. The moment that I clicked exit to exit the game, my PC blue screen of death'd. It happens, whatever. Later that night I was watching youtube and my screens went black. I had no sound so it wasn't a graphics/monitor issue, my mouse LED's were off, my keyboard LED's were on (but they are always on even when the PC is off) and my case LED's were all on. I didn't check if my fans were spinning, I just hard restarted.

I'm not sure how to go about a diagnosis for this? Could it have something to do with overclocking? I set my CPU clock speed to something like 4.0 GHz instead of factory 3.7 GHz. I haven't had any issues since I built the PC in (November?)

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2018 19:12 

yeah, it could be the voltage isn't correct for that overclock, even if it was fine for some time it might have only presented the issue now. I would drop it back and see if you notice anything for a while. Or you could just slightly raise your voltage, however I am not the one to talk to about overclocking rizen. I don't think its much different than intel or even different at all now, but I would hate to give you bad advice. Overclocking problems can cause all kinds of weird issues like this. Its almost never the same thing over and over. Next time if it happens let us know what all is working and what isn't. Case fans spinning would have been nice to know, but I can understand "fuck this thing why won't you work....restart".

PostPosted: 15 May 2018 17:07 

Two months late but hey,
I hope you figure it out by now but this is how I would approach this having seen bunch of this type of issues by now.
I would first check on your PC when this happens, if it shuts down completely or partially. If all the fans are not spinning then chances are its completely off. If it IS a voltage or clock issue then you could try hope into BIOS and see if it warns your. Even UEFI does have a built in warning if a pc had issues with unstable clock/voltage. If you were just simply web browsing when it shut off vs playing games then I can't see why voltage would be an issue because the low would be lower. How is your initial blue screen different to your black screen (the color, duh), like do they anything in common, and how often they happen and under what circumstances.
Trying to debug something like this can be tough just from one or two occurrences because it can be anything from just an incorrect bit flip in your ram to dust shorting something out.