Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 18:32

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 15:40 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I recently have been having a problem where my mouse double clicks VERY quickly (BIG bother when I'm trying to buy in cs. I'll click on rifle and it will double click and i'll have a bullpup). In breaking my mouse, I have discovered the issue which can be fixed VERY easily. The following two pictures will be of the underside of my left mouse-click and my right mouse-click, respectively. As you can see on the left mouse-click, there is a tiny "U" shaped indent on the plastic tab, which is not on the right mouse-click. That indent is the problem. All that needs to be done is a drop of glue, wax, or any other similar substance, leave it to dry for a few seconds, and then cut off the excess so that the glue is flush with the plastic and the indent no longer appears. I will edit this post with pictures when I finish doing mine. I'm going to start shortly.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 16:00 

Stop buying Razer products, over-priced, under-engineered garbage IMO.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 16:34 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
This is the only product I've bought from them, its from before they gave it a braided cable. Probably 2-3 years old now. Over-priced? Very. Under-engineered? I'll take your word, I have no idea.

Turns out that this indented plastic is common in the Razer Naga as well.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 16:36 

Quote:
Yes, exodus! Stop buying razer products based on jero's opinion! :P

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 21:05 

razer makes some of the best mice ever produced which is a well known fact. their keyboards are garbage and their headsets CAN be garbage depending on which ones you get. but their mice are WIDELY accepted as the best or some of the best around. I personally don't think there is a better gaming mouse for FPS on the market outside of razer.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2012 22:13 

I don't know, I had a Habu which was Razer designed and it had terrible tracking and felt cheap. Razer mice have had notorious clicking problems for years, and have yet to redesign their mice to fix it. They continue to release mice that are faulty just to keep the flattened/grooved button design. Their build quality and movement performance isn't any better than other high-end mice. The Deathadder was a popular mouse, but I don't know of another Razer mouse to follow suit (Naga for Warcraft?). I do only know the CS scene and its very rare to see pros sporting them if they aren't sponsored. The Steelseries Sensei, MS Intelli, and variants of the Logitech MX or G series are still all over the place.

Things that matter
---------------------------------
Optical vs Laser. People think that because laser technology is newer that it it is better. Actually it's cheaper to make so yea.... That's all it has going for it. Optical sensors are much superior due their reliability and precision as they have higher perfect control speeds and higher malfunction speeds. Laser mice are also reliant on surface and usually perform drastically different on cloth than a hard surface (Yes I know optical mice are finicky with glass).

Sensor placement. This should ALWAYS be dead in the center, no other position even makes sense.

Comfort. Self explanatory.

Weight. Again preference. Any adjustable mice win this category.

Ambidextrous? This usually takes away from the comfort of the mouse, a symmetrical mouse is never as comfortable as a mouse that is ergonomically designed for a hand.

Durability. What plastic does it use? Does it feel or sound cheap?

Support. Razer has less than stellar support, and so does Steelseries. Logitech has the best support in the business. I've dealt with them as a home consumer and a profesional consumer. They will replace any peripheral without question if you have registered the product and it breaks. I can't imagine Microsoft's peripheral support being decent at all. No experience with Corsair, CM Storm, Roccat, or Cyborg support.

I still find the MX518, and its replacement the G400 as the best mouse for general usage and gaming. Its only has 8 buttons (5 main) but it has served me well. I have 2 518s and 1 G400.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012 07:22 

I would agree with everything you just said. a friend of mine uses the copperhead or something like that and he loves it. he has used it for years. outside of those few mice I don't know. those are usually the only ones you ever hear of anyone buying anyway. I agree logitech has awesome support which is why I might just be getting a logitech headset again. FUCK!!!!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012 16:37 

I think that it has to do with what you're comfortable using. I've ALWAYS used a death adder. I will be buying the new death adder. The weight is perfect, the shape is perfect, I know exactly how it's going to react. Whereas I've used my friends mouse that has weights in it, and it seemed like it was always an uncomfortable weight. It didn't matter what I changed it to, it was either too light or too heavy.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012 17:32 

Yeah, so much of a mouse is how it feels in your hand and how your hand ... handles it.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012 14:51 

I have a DeathAdder 1800DPI (normal rubber cord) and I have to say I'm more comfortable with it than other mice I've tried, the G9x and a MX310. I might try Logitech mice next, but I've always had bad luck with their products.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012 14:56 

Yeah, I personally can't stand logitech mice. They are too big for my hand or something.