Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 17:16

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 18:19 

Thought I'd ask this since it's like an MP3 player is like one of those everyday needed accessories for both guys and gals. So, what kind of MP3 player do you use and what headphones do you use to listen with? For me, I'm using an Apple iPod Touch 2nd Gen. 8GB with some V-Moda "Freq" in-ear buds (with a 1-year warranty on them). I've been through so many headphones that my lamp is becoming a holder for them. I used to frequently buy the Skullcandy Ink'd in-ear buds, which cost me $20 but they only lasted around 3 months on average. In November, I got some V-Moda Faze buds and they lasted me until a few days ago (which is a long time considering the Skullcandy earbuds didn't last me as long.) To replace my Faze, I bought the V-Moda Freq earbuds and the sound quality is outstanding but the price isn't. $39.99 plus tax isn't cheap to me for earbuds but if they last longer than my Faze buds then I could care less about the price.

Also, I started this thread to see if there are any earbuds out there that you guys use for a cheaper price but also that last. But so far, V-Moda has me hooked with Skullcandy coming in at 2nd. For me, they must be in-ear buds (there's a rather personal reason why.)

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010 21:55 

I have some sort of Creative Zen mp3 player, it's a 2GB. As for headphones, I usually just use whatever I can find. I haven't bought a pair of headphones in quite some time, so I just try to use whatever I can lay my hands on.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010 11:22 

I personally hate ear buds because they hurt my ears sooooooo much. Or they won't stay in my ears. Actually those damn things make me so mad when I use them, that I will get enraged to the point that I want to kill something. I use my PSP when I can, but I want a new smaller mp3 player. I used to own the original 1st gen ipod, but my battery died and I lost it.

BTW, at staples we sell the hell out of those skull candy ear buds.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010 16:59 

i got the new chromatic 8gig wih video ipod thingy
i went through like 3 ipods, mine then my moms and sis...last two dont count though they wer already basically broken down
so yea my ipod and i buy my skullcandy headfones bout every 4-5 months...for like 15 bucks :D

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010 21:43 

I prefer the ear buds that go inside your ear rather than hang on the outside of your ear (i.e. stock iPod earbuds.) The ones that hang on the outside annoy the utter fuck out of me since they never stay in place. Also, the Skullcandy earbuds are very nicely priced for the sound quality you get out of them (bass levels are great on them!) But they never lasted long for me. I went through a 1GB 1st Gen. iPod nano,then a 1st Gen. Microsoft Zune 30GB, and finally my 8GB iPod Touch. Zune was freaking nice but size was a bit big and it didn't recognize Korean characters (which is a MUST for me.)