Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024 15:06

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2012 05:00 

I thought I'd take the time to explain rooting and is it something you need for your Android smartphone. First off; rooting, in the most simplistic explanation, is what jailbreaking is for the iPhone. You get admin-level permissions thus letting you be in complete control of your phone. Rooting is the first step into the more advanced features that you can do with your but those advanced features are usually the dangerous things you can do with your phone. So a lot of Android owners who want to get their feet wet into the whole customizing part of Android usually stop at rooting because it's the simplest thing to do when it comes to the world of Android hacking. With only root, you can download apps that'll let you do many simple customizations like change bootup animations, overclock, add an advertisement blocker, add extra options to your power menu, use nifty apps like titanium backup to remove all the bloat, and much more.

Now, is root something everyone needs? Nah but if you want to do more than just basic customizations (changing launchers, changing fonts, and adding custom ringtones) then rooting might be something you would enjoy trying.

As good as the pros are about rooting, it should be noted that doing this does void your warranty. The bright side, however, is that it can be reversed. But the reverse method might require you to dab further into the not-so-easy side of Android hacking. So take some time and think it over before attempting to root your phone.

So, if you're wanting complete control over your phone without putting a lot of effort into the work, then I highly recommend that you root your phone. It is also great if you're wanting to get your feet wet in the hacking part of Android. If you want all the details about your phone, then head over to the XDA-developers forum.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2012 18:14 

I think rooting is necessary if you REALLY want to use your smart phone. just removing the bloatware and the control access you get makes it worth it in my opinion. I recommend it, but only after research.