Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 11:30

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 02:40 

Well I've been having a nice chat with our good ol' friend Stealthlead and he's been asking about smartphones. Since this'll be his first smartphone, he wanted my advice on which phone would be best for his situation. I gave him my advice on each device based on what his needs were and it got me wanting to ask you guys: "What are some things you take into consideration when buying a smartphone?" Since it'll be his first smartphone, I told him the iPhone 5 because it's extremely user-friendly and iOS is pretty snappy. But once I told him about how locked down iOS is (to the point where the only changes you can make are the wallpaper and the lock screen image,) he started to consider other options. He seemed very content on the iPhone 5 until I mentioned that iOS doesn't allow total customization and this is where I got the idea to start this thread.

For me, the #1 priority is the amount of customization you can do to the phone. I'm talking from changing font types to changing the entire ROM. I want my the phone to look the way I want it and that includes wallpapers, icons, fonts, scrolling animations, ringtones, etc. If I purchase a phone, I better damn well be able to make the phone look, feel, and sound the way I want. If I want to outfit my phone with Dora The Explorer crap all over then I better damn well be able to. Second priority is the hardware. I want to have the latest and greatest hardware to power all my wants and needs. Third would be software since I want to have the necessary apps to help customize my phone to suit my tastes. And finally, the design of the phone is important. I don't think anyone wants to have a phone in the shape of a brick. The phone has to look elegant and streamlined to catch my interests. I will admit, the design of the S3 isn't as sleek as the iPhone 5 but it's not on the top of my priorities list. For me, it's functionality > looks. So I'm a little curious as to what your priorities are when buying a smartphone.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 07:52 

For me, my #1 priority is not having an apple product. Second is price for performance. I want it to be quick, comfortable, do the things I need, etc., for a reasonable price. I want to get "the best buy".

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 11:39 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Price isn't important to me because all smart phones (with the exception of Apple) cost $600 when they are brand new. Apples phones cost $700 MINIMUM and go up depending on size (For iPhone 5 $700=16gb, $800=32gb, $900=64gb). I picked my phone (Blackberry Torch 9800) because of BBM (Blackberry Messenger). It allows me to text people who also have Blackberry's by using data. This means I can text people all over the world without any extra charges. I have friends all over the world so this was very important to me.

Now that all phones have apps that do the same thing, I don't need a Blackberry. This is my first smartphone so I don't really have the smartphone mindset. To me, it's like choosing which supercar to buy. Some are better than others, some looks sleeker than others, some cost more than others, some are faster than others, but they are all great to have. I've gone from a Samsung D806, to a Motorola Razr, to a Blackberry Torch 9800.

EDIT: First pic of Torch was 4000x4000 LOL

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 12:00 

It HAS to be able to work under water.

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2012 22:29 

you never know when you'll pass aquaman and need to send him a text to make sure it was actually him......