Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 12:01

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2013 17:44 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
So, Everybody knows the reason I'm in Alberta is to save money. Money is no object for me out here, but that isn't to say that I want to spend all my money on computer stuff. I'm going to buy a new car after working here for 3 months. I've currently been working for 2 weeks. I'll get my first pay check this coming Friday. It will be a little more than $2000. Every two weeks I'll be getting paid more than $1500. I would like to only spend $2000 during the next 3 months. Of that $2000, I need to pay $500 onto my credit card. This leaves me with about $1500 to get things I want.

Now to the computer stuff. How I'm looking at it now: If I buy a decent laptop ($600-$800) then I can push building a desktop. I don't think that I'll have much time for gaming until April anyway (thats around when there wont be much work), and I definitely want a laptop. I like being able to mess around on the computer in the living room opposed to being stuck in my bedroom.

The reason I want to save so much money is for a down payment on a 2013 mitsubishi lancer 10th year anniversary edition. I want to put around $5000 down, and have money for my insurance for a full year. I had it figured out that with $5k down, I can have a $450 a month payment over 3 years, and there's no fee to pay off my car early. So if I want to pay it off this year or in two years, I can.

The laptop I've been looking at is this one. I prefer something I can buy from a computer store in Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, or Brooks, Alberta because then I won't have to wait for shipping. But if anybody can find something better from Newegg, NCIX, TigerDirect, or Memory Express or something like that, I'll get it if it's a much better deal. The sooner I get a computer, the sooner I can get back on mumble

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2013 06:14 

as a bro, and off topic too, dont buy that lancer new

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2013 17:42 

I would love to help you, I'll try to look at whats out there tonite and see if there are any better deals or anything I think would just be better suited for you. nothing wrong with what you posted, but if I had my choice toshiba wouldn't be my choice. they are fine, just a personal preference. Also, I am with bunny....wait actually which lancer are you looking at. which package and all that. I think your money would be better spent on something cheaper (only if you mean one of the higher end lancers) or just something more practical. This is your money that you are working hard to get, so by all means spend it how you want to spend it. Just don't get a year or two down the road, not have this job, or something major happen and you are stuck with this car and the car payment. I don't mean go by a 5k car or anything, but do you have any other choices?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013 00:27 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
I don't mean go by a 5k car or anything, but do you have any other choices?
One of my dream cars is a 2008 Honda Civic SI. There are other more reasonable things though. An AWD car would be the best option considering the places I'll have to drive to get to work. I was considering a not new WRX or an older awd lancer. I don't really have any idea what cars are awd. But the last few days I've been looking at used cars around 2008+ and around the 16-18k price range.

I said I'll be getting a laptop when I get paid, but realistically, it will be when I get a day off. I MIGHT have sunday off, but probably not. I also heard there is a good chance I will have next saturday AND sunday off (16 & 17th). So... we'll see when I can get it. I will definitely be buying one on my next day off though.

I can't wait to catch up with everyone and tell you all some of my stupid work stories. I miss everyone so much!

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013 03:24 

Well if that's the case then perhaps a mid-size truck or even an SUV with AWD?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013 08:28 

yeah if AWD is something you think you will use then definitely get it. we were looking at the new lancers and noticed they get up to 30k or more, so that is why I even mentioned something else. 16-18k is no big deal with what you make. Just be careful getting into 30k price ranges. You just never know what the future will hold. Its good to always have some money put away for something like that. I mean look at me. A quarter broke the rail system on my driver seat. 1,300 bucks later.