It is currently 23 Apr 2024 20:58

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013 15:14 

Quote:
lol good ol' ace!

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013 16:47 

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

TLDR: From what I've gathered from this thread the more expensive the mouse the better, use laser and not opitcal and make sure to download Synapse 2.0 if I'm using a RAZR product. Great info!
Sarcasm is repressed anger...here's some of mine:

I paid $50 for a Mionix Naos 8200.
A friend paid $65 for a Deathadder 2013 and it still lacks DPI buttons.
I don't care if my k/d ratio lowers by .001% due to the nature of laser being less "problematic" than optical.
I don't care about the ridiculously over hyped "Synapse 2.0 ~ malware" issue. You can find more info on my facebook than that.

:twisted:

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013 17:36 

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, everyone.

TLDR: From what I've gathered from this thread the more expensive the mouse the better, use laser and not opitcal and make sure to download Synapse 2.0 if I'm using a RAZR product. Great info!
Sarcasm is repressed anger...here's some of mine:

I paid $50 for a Mionix Naos 8200.
A friend paid $65 for a Deathadder 2013 and it still lacks DPI buttons.
I don't care if my k/d ratio lowers by .001% due to the nature of laser being less "problematic" than optical.
I don't care about the ridiculously over hyped "Synapse 2.0 ~ malware" issue. You can find more info on my facebook than that.

:twisted:
If we're going to get technical, I was being facetious.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013 17:45 

I felt threatened/wounded by your comments and take everything on the internet personally/seriously, so it came off as sarcasm to me. Perhaps if you posted a video w/ proper tone it might have came across as playful. :D

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013 19:04 

Quote:
I felt threatened/wounded by your comments and take everything on the internet personally/seriously, so it came off as sarcasm to me. Perhaps if you posted a video w/ proper tone it might have came across as playful. :D
so you're a normal forumer? lol when I browse reddit I feel that more than half of the downvotes I witness people getting are simply because others are incapable of understanding tone when reading others replies. The world needs a giant hug.

So can you explain to me how using these other mice are easier on your wrist and hand. I have the beginnings of carpal tunnel and I use a deathadder.

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2013 19:39 

I would not call myelf a normal anything. ;)

Have u already tried on of those wrist rest bean bags yet? That might be enuff and u can keep ur adder.

But, basically, the ikari/naos have no hump and therefore keep ur wrist aligned. The comfort is insane. Frys has them if u live by one. If not, order from Amazon so u can take back with no hassles if it does t help.

PostPosted: 20 May 2013 18:10 

+1 to the Mionix Naos line of mice. The comfort level is extraordinary and jizz-tastic. What I truly love about the Naos is that it has a ring finger rest and it truly helps my right hand in keeping the ring finger comfortable. If you're looking for a good FPS mouse then I recommend getting the Mionix Naos line of mice.

The G600 from Logitech is another mouse that I have tried and loved for its features. The G600 is an MMO-optimized mouse and features 12 (count them.....12!!!!) buttons on the side. This helps with using skills in MMOs such as World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2 a breeze. It's also handy in certain RPGs like Diablo 3 and many others that utilize a multi-skill system. Only complaint I have about this mouse is the rear "lip" of the mouse. The rear end has a sort of slant that messed me up when I put weight at the end of it due to lift. Other than the lifting issue, I don't have many complaints about this mouse and its primary use as an MMO mouse rather than an FPS mouse. This mouse coupled with Logitech's incredible software make it a Godsend for WoW and GW2 players since you can customize it to fit your style of play.

Last mouse that I'm going to list is the G700. Apparently, Logitech has categorized this mouse as an MMO mouse also due to the fact that it has 10+ buttons that can be fully customized using Logitech's software. I used the G700 for all my games (CS:GO, Diablo 3, GW2, etc.) and to me, it's more aimed towards FPS games rather than MMOs. While being a laser WIRELESS mouse, I didn't encounter any lag that is common with other wireless mice and it did a fairly good job with all the FPS games that I used it with and since it was wireless, I had the added advantage of having no wires running around to the back of my PC. I also used the mouse for productivity (mostly in PowerPoint) and I thought the mouse really excelled in doing productivity tasks. Another added advantage that the G700 comes with is the ability to charge the battery WHILE in wired mode. Yes, this mouse is capable of either being wired or wireless but why the hell would anyone want to use it in wired mode is beyond me. I just bought 4 extra rechargeable AA batteries and had them on standby so once my mouse lost power, pop in a fresh AA battery and you're good to go. My complaint with this mouse is the way it is shaped. It doesn't have a ring finger rest and it caused some pain after I was done with my mouse. If you're looking for a good wireless gaming mouse for your FPS game then I highly recommend the G700. Just make sure the shape of the mouse is what you're looking for because it will cause some pain.

So in conclusion, the Mionix is absolute sex in my hands due to its shape and has damn great accuracy for FPS games. I did notice an increase in my accuracy while playing GO and I think its due to the sensor being optical AND its comfortable shape for my right hand (haven't had any pain ever since I've used it.) While I haven't tried all MMO mice out today, I do recommend that serious MMO players try out the G600. The multitude of side buttons are actually shaped uniquely so that you know what button you'll be pressing. Another reason why I recommend the G600 over its competitors (Naga, M90 and M95, R.A.T 7, etc.) is the Logitech software. The G700 is recommended if you need a jack-of-all-trades type of mouse. The plus side with the G700 is that it is wireless so you'll have less clutter BUT if you plan on using the extension cord + charging cord then it loses its wireless capability in a manner of speaking. These are all my opinions of the 3 mice and I hope that it helps you guys somewhat. Thank you for reading and happy hunting!

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2013 09:55 

Monoprice is rebranding the EC1, AM and MiCo and selling them on their site. Similar price but it may be easier for some of you to acquire this way. Even though they say Laser, they are indeed Optical.

EC1

AM

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2013 15:29 

US Only - Kinzu V2 Sale: http://tech.woot.com/plus/steelseries-k ... ming-mouse

Canada -Zowie Gear: http://www.canadacomputers.com/advanced ... ie&x=0&y=0)

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013 08:43 

I know this is odd but I would like to hear peoples experiences who have used both a Laser and Optical mouse. Do you notice a difference? Is it a placebo or did you seem to improve in your FPS game?

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013 10:17 

I noticed a HUGE difference switching from laser to optical. It felt so much more accurate using optical. Here's some things I noticed with the switch:

- My laser mouse always felt like it was moving even when my hand was still. I had to keep adjusting my aim even when there was no in-game movement.
- It's hard to describe, but I also had issues moving from left to right in an accurate way. The path would always be different and it was frustrating.
- I was able to slow everything down with optical and not have to worry about random movements. With the laser mouse, there were always instances where it would skip or miss data and i'd end up missing shots.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013 10:50 

I noticed greater precision. My aim instantly improved when I switched, as did my kdr.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013 11:10 

Going from the G700 to the Mionix, I can definitely notice a increase in my accuracy.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013 17:53 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
My son instantly improved when I switched
Uhhhh... what?

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013 18:45 

Quote:
Quote:
My son instantly improved when I switched
Uhhhh... what?
Fuckin phone.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2013 13:33 

I actually played quite well with a laser mouse, that is what I played counter strike with for years and years. Then I switched to an optical mouse. I noticed a difference within 5 minutes. I was doubling the shots landed and getting a lot more kills. I would never go back.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2013 11:32 

Good deal on Roccat Kova+ with the 3305DK sensor. Great on 400-800CPI.
http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffiliat ... omoid=1062

$29.99 - 15 % = $25.46

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013 17:45 

Nuthin' like a new mouse pad for my old Logitech MouseMan Pro ball mouse... what a lovely shade of purple LOL! :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SwampBuzzardsClan
http://jasonwilliams400com.startlogic.c ... er_Strike/

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013 19:30 

Haha I had one of those in gray.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2013 19:41 

If they made 17"x14"+ mousepads in purple, I would totally buy one.