Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:18

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2013 15:10 

I got more than enough money for Christmas to buy one and even though I had the money before I opted out of buying one. I never thought it was really worth that much money so I avoided it. I don't know what else I would do with the money besides put it away(also need to cover those wasted cases) and its the only "material" thing I kinda want. I would either get the benq xl240te or the asus vg236h in all likelihood. There is also the asus vg248qe, not sure what the differences are?

They are all around $270-300 give or take so if anyone owns one of these, perhaps maybe another 120hz monitor, is it really actually WORTH it in your opinion. I am sure its noticeable though does it improve the experience that much. Everyone says once they try 120hz they can't stand gaming on 60hz for fps titles. Is this true? I guess I just cant justify the cost without knowing how much "better" they are.

There is a tiger direct by me, maybe sometime I can stop in and see what one is like before making my decision. I just don't want to regret spending that much. Anyhow the monitor I have now is pretty crappy(dell e228wfp 22" I believe) in terms of color and res. If I really wanted a new monitor for 1080p that would be it.

The asus 23 is closer in size to what I used to have so I might side with that one. Is there any negative to the vg236h compared to the others?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2013 15:15 

Yes, it is really worth it. This 144hz Asus monitor I have is slightly cheaper than some of the 120 Hz monitors, though. I recommend it highly.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2013 15:58 

Lol i just got the 144hz monitor, IT IS AMAZING!

Buy it, people are like you can't tell the difference, but you can. I had my doubts but they are all gone now that I have one. The cost definatley justifies itself

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013 01:24 

I'm going to get one in a week or so. Can't wait!!

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013 12:02 

Quote:
Lol i just got the 144hz monitor, IT IS AMAZING!

Buy it, people are like you can't tell the difference, but you can. I had my doubts but they are all gone now that I have one. The cost definatley justifies itself
Eh when you're a student you really don't want to regret anything with money. I guess I just want to know how "good" they are(seriously I watch videos on youtube and they are so smooth. 60/75hz looks like crap in comparison, yeah I know thats rendering though). I am sure I would love using one, just don't want to regret it.

I wish I could find one at tiger direct so I don't have to wait for shipping. The last time I was there in August they said they had 120hz monitors, didn't really look to see what they had though.

carter which one do you have, I am assuming the asus? Mutiny are you getting the asus as well? For those of you that have them what do you think about lightboost? Is the input lag noticeable?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013 12:44 

Buy new fucking internet!!!!!!!

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013 12:52 

Quote:
For those of you that have them what do you think about lightboost? Is the input lag noticeable?
I quit using lightboost because I couldn't see a difference between them and it only supports 120hz, not 144hz, so I was having to lower my refresh rate just to use it.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013 13:30 

I have the ASUS vg248qe

16gb Ram
Razer Deathadder
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Steelseries QCK+ XL Navi Edition (Heavy)

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013 18:35 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
If you want to be certain, why don't you just buy one, ANY 120/144hz, and then you can try it and return it and either decide to not buy one or look for a good deal on one if you do like them.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2013 20:39 

Quote:
Buy new fucking internet!!!!!!!
I know I should except nothing really better is available. I could go back to the DSL except that had the habit of going out all the damn time, doesn't matter if your ping is a bit better, only to be able to never play :( I feel like new net might make more of a difference except that isn't a possibility. I guess Ill continue to think about the monitor. Trav I think you're right. I'll try to go to some place that has em and try one out before buying it.