Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:08

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Wireless Headphones?
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015 16:23 

Recently my HD 202s broke. They were originally just a placeholder until I could get a better set but I never did. The one thing I hated about the HD202s was the wires.

I'm now thinking about buying the RS 170s from Sennheiser but before I do, I wanted to get some opinions on wireless headphones. Are they worth it? Will I be experiencing some drops in quality if I went wireless instead of wired?

These are going to be my computer headphones so I do want something that is at the very least above average. If you guys have other wireless headphone recommendations or just think that wired is ultimately better in the end then please tell me.

so this is my signature now

Post subject: Re: Wireless Headphones?
PostPosted: 14 Sep 2015 16:37 

Adding the components for wireless capabilities negates the other things that would make headphones good. So obviously $150 wireless headphones will never be even close to $150 wired headphones. You are also adding several more points of failure. Also depending on the quality of the components sound quality can suffer dramatically due to wireless bandwidth. There are several $50-75 headphones with detachable/replaceable cables that will blow the RS170s out of the water.

As for your HD202, Sennhesier has terrible cables for their entry level stuff. My HD335s' cable only has a 2mm diameter.