Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:57

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: New headset!
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016 11:31 

So, here's the dealio. After two years, my beloved wireless Logitech G930 has bit the dust. This headset has lasted me longer than any other since I've started playing CS:GO. I know this makes Jeroh's heart hurt in a special way - but I am looking for another wireless headset. The two wired headsets I purchased before my wireless one only lasted me three months and six months respectively. I'm not responsible enough to own a wired headset.

The things I'm MOSTLY looking for is durability and comfort. I'm okay with a wired headset as long as it has Hercules-like durability. I do prefer a band that goes over my head instead of the behind bullshit. Of course, I want good quality sound as well!

Budget - no more than $300.

Post subject: Re: New headset!
PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016 11:42 

headset headphones + mic

I currently rock the AKG K553 and love them. Slapping a modmic on it for $40 will make it a "headset" and would be great for the price. If you are looking for a generic pair of headphones that are just all around recommended you can get the Audio Technica ATH-M50Xs, which are great. Can do the same thing by putting a modmic on that and it would still remain well within your budget.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016 13:35 

I still recommend getting the zalman mic. 5 bucks and you attach it to any headset you want. Its a waste of money to spend more on the microphone.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016 15:32 

I'm currently using Sennheiser RS 165 (Wireless with a Base Stand, $220) and I use the Antlion Mod Mic v4 ($40) for my microphone. It's been doing me fine for the past 6 months but I really would only recommend the RS 165 if you can get it on sale. They feel light and are durable but I would still recommend a wired headset if you are looking for the best possible audio quality.

The Antlion Mod Mic is perfectly fine and outputs good quality voice but of course On-Desk microphones are way better.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2016 17:18 

Buy another G930 if you like it. Perhaps contact Logitech support and talk to them. The headset has a 3yr warranty so they may just send you a new one