Most of these packages are as simple as pacman -S / apt-get install / yum install but some do require fetching it from online.
- Steam Locomotive is a great command because often times people type 'ls' and they should be reminded of their fail every time with this fancy steam locomotive.
- CMatrix is a really aesthetic command and it simply generates a matrix-looking green pixel falling text thingie thing. Useless, but fun if you have another monitor doing nothing.
- Cheat is super cool so that you don't have to have the dredded "how to unpack .tar.gz" search in your google history for the millionth time. Simply do "cheat <command>" and it lists for you a simple spreadsheet for example commands.
- This command, while seemingly a funny joke, is actually quite useful. If you run this command you better have a decently fast internet connection to the server you are running it on because you then need to send a ctrl+c to make it stop. This command repeatedly prints "y" unless otherwise given an argument (argv). This is useful because you can run a "yes | command.with.lots.of.prompts" and you wouldn't have to answer the prompts individually.
- Toilet is a fun command because you can put text through a filter to make neat ASCII text art. This is useful for making nice MOTDs for a server, just pipe the text to a file (toilet <text> >> blah.txt) and then concatenate that text to your MOTD.
This is brought to you by IAmBored Inc.