Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 10:22

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 23 May 2017 14:43 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
So I've had a couple members trying to help me, Stickly has been an immense resource and has already put forth HOURS in helping me. This will be an information dump. I would be thrilled for some new insight here.

Yesterday I did a fresh install of Windows 10 on a brand new Western Digital Black 1 TB HDD. I was installing my drivers when my Nvidia drivers said, "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware." I tried any and all ordering of the following list: Uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling, reseating, reseating in a new pci-e slot. I did each possible combination in each pci-e slot.

I went into Device Manager and clicked show hidden devices. I uninstalled everything that had Nvidia in it. I went to add/remove programs and did the same. I tried using DDU to uninstall fully and repeated all the above processes. DDU wouldn't actually restart in Safe Mode. It would try to restart, and upon attempting a windows launch, i would just have a monitor in sleep mode. It was still detecting that it was plugged in, but there was no response. I had to hard reset every time I tried DDU.

I tried installing with numerous Nvidia driver builds. The builds I tried were: 382.05, 381.89, 378.92, 376.33.

My mobo is: Asrock Z77 Extreme3
My GPU is: Zotac Nvidia GTX 960

Zotac says this is a common issue on their website. They say to update windows 10 build version. That is all they say. No link, no information, no help. They say it is common for version older than version 1607. I have build version 15063 of windows 10 Pro.

Any advice? So far each individual same has still given me "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware" when trying to install Nvidia drivers.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 23 May 2017 15:23 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Another thing I tried was manually going through my Nvidia INF files and trying to find my current Intel Driver build number by following a youtube video. I went through every single INF file and it wasn't there so I scraped that method.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 23 May 2017 18:01 

Install using onboard video, fully update windows, shutdown, install graphics card, make bios use pci-e GPU, boot windows, install driver, give jeroh high five.

PostPosted: 23 May 2017 22:30 

I did it EXACTLY as you described :(

PostPosted: 24 May 2017 17:13 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/so ... -continue/

Try that except for the DriverEasy stuff.