Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Apr 2024 06:36

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Mouse Pads and Mice
PostPosted: 08 Nov 2010 22:38 

Wow, it's been a while since I've talked about computer tech in the forums. This time, I'll be talking about the mouse I use and the mouse pads that I recently purchased.

Nowadays, a mouse is a standard piece of hardware that usually accompanies a keyboard and mouse pad. These 2 input devices (the keyboard and mouse) are necessities when playing a game on the PC, doing assignments and/or work, and much more. Without them, well we wouldn't have any way to communicate with our PC and all we'd be doing is staring at one damn screen. I've been through so many mice that if I didn't throw away my old mice, I'd have a graveyard. It all started with ball mice (you never see those nowadays) and those were ABSOLUTELY INACCURATE when they started to get old. Then came the optical mice (the one with the red optical laser underneath) and those were absolutely GODLY compared to the ball mice. Today, we see more and more of laser mice (the ones that don't emit a red light) and those are just absolutely accurate and a must for anything.

Now, the mouse that I use currently is the Logitech G500 gaming mouse. I got it as a Christmas gift last year and man, is it one nice mouse! The basic stats are: 5,600 dpi (the highest I've ever seen on a mouse so far), 10 or 11 programmable mouse buttons, and its own weight system (which you can customize with the included weight caddy.) 2 buttons on this mouse control the dpi settings on the fly so if you need less sensitivity for sniping then you can lower it right there. If for some reason you need an ultra-sensitive mouse, then you can max the dpi setting right then and there. Only con I have about this mouse is the weird rubberized feeling. It's not the type of feeling you have on a Razer DeathAdder (the smooth type) but rather, it feels like an orange or kiwi. Also, I recommend the mouse to those that have medium to large-sized hands. I have small hands but I've gotten used to the size but I can see this mouse being more towards the big-handed crowd. All in all, the G500 is one of the nicest pieces of technology that I've seen when it comes to mice. If I were to give it a score, I would give it a 9.5/10.0 (half a point off for the "pimply" rubber feeling.)

As for mouse pads, I recently purchased 2 pads (both are from XTrac and have a plastic top.) They are both the same size but use a different bottom material. The Logic pad that I bought first was absolutely thin! It's half as thin as a credit card and the bottom is made of an adhesive that's washable. If you are interested in a mouse pad that won't be moving much, ultra thin, doesn't provide a lot of friction, and doesn't take up a lot of space then I recommend the Logic pad. The only con I have about this pad is that once you place it on your desk, then it'll pretty much stick onto that spot. You can remove it but I highly recommend that you place this on a non-painted or glass surface. The adhesive WILL remove any chipped paint or other removable material your desk is made of.

The 2nd pad that I purchased was the Zoom pad, also by Xtrac. This pad utilizes the same plastic top as the Logic but the base is made up of a sticky rubber (not too sticky though.) This means that you'll be able to transport the mouse pad without any difficulty and is great for any kind of desktop material. It's thin but not as thin as the Logic but it does kind of move (but it seems to be rare) and doesn't stick in place like the Logic. Both of the pads are available on Newegg (the Zoom is about $2 more than the Logic) and they offer superb maneuverability for your mouse. Seriously, my mouse just glides over the plastic surface and for the price; it's practically a steal. From now on, XTrac will be the name brand I look for when it comes to mouse pads! I rate the Logic a 9.0/10.0 (the backing adhesive isn't my style) and the Zoom a 10.0/10.0!

Post subject: Re: Mouse Pads and Mice
PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 03:05 

lol i use a standard HP mouse and use paper taped to my "desk" as a mouse pad... :D

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 09:18 

...I think we need to create a "donation box" section for the forums. Hearing about how Bunny games really brings tears of sorrow to my eyes.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2010 19:13 

lmfao!
id donate it to the server instead of me
sure i dont have the best setup.....but i do have my 360
and ima work on a computer in a couple months hopefully