Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 11:05

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2015 23:14 

Okay, so this is a ranking system I've seen before on other servers and it is by far my favorite way to manage ranks. There are a couple different ways to do it depending on what direction you want the server to go in.

Guest Rank - Has access to the server warps, /spawn and can chat - that's about it. Cannot set homes, cannot build. This helps to prevent griefing on the server. The downside to this is if there's no admin online to rank them up, it will discourage a LOT of players from playing. If you want a survival server, it's probably best to not have this rank. Guest rank is generally best for a server that is purely for creative building.

Member Rank - This is your run of the mill, normal member. Anyone who joins is this rank (if there is no guest rank. If there is a guest rank than this would be the second tier). They have access to commands like /spawn, /sethome, /warp, /tpa (teleport request command), /whisper, etc. They are permitted to build in the open world, chat, etc.

Trusted Rank - This, like the guest rank, is a more optional rank and depends on what type of server you want to run. Trusted members would have access all commands Members have and also to very simple server commands like /kick or /weather sunny. They are people who are mature, respectful, and can be trusted with MINOR responsibilities. Their job is to keep an eye on the server when there is no staff around. If staff members are around, they are to keep out of any punishment business. If there is an altercation between a normal member and a trusted member, you could pretty much believe whatever the trusted member is telling you. Or if there is an altercation between two normal members and a trusted member pipes up with "So-so did this, Sue-sue did that" you could use their viewpoint to help solve an issue. This rank could be really good for mature community members who have proven themselves like Milkman. This rank is also really good for any clan members who are not familiar with minecraft and MC commands because they don't have any commands that could potentially fuck up the server.

The above are normal member ranks. The below will be considered "staff" ranks.

Moderator (mod) - Moderators are the lowest ranking staff member - but they're also one of the more important. There tend to be lots of mods and they would have commands such as /kick, /mute, /tempban, /tp (a force tp command), /weather sunny, /hawkeye (or whatever anti-grief/rollback plugin we have), etc. (Depending on the maturity of the mods, they could have access to spawning in items as well). Moderators' primary jobs are to prevent and settle disputes between members and to enforce server rules. They would also have access to setting up protections for the member groups.

Supermod(optional) - Basically a grown up version of the moderator (or the mini-me of the admins), they have access to all the commands a mod does - however they would be in charge of any moderator disputes and also clarifying any confusing server rules. If you wanted to, you could give them some worldedit powers as well or access to /creative (They would definitely be able to spawn in whatever items they want). Basically they're an adminstrator, but they don't have actual access to the server to restart/reload or anything along those lines. They are to help keep order in the mod ranks and also help out the admins with their work load. This rank would only really be needed if we had a shitton of moderators, or if our admins were not around/inactive. Supermods should know how to use worldedit. Otherwise they could REALLY fuck with the server.

Administrator (admin) - The kings of the servers, administrators have access to all server commands. Some would have access to the console as well in case the server shut down and needed to be restarted. I would reserve this rank for people who not only are mature enough to handle it but also know quite a bit about MC and the mods running on the server. This is super important as admins have A LOT of power and can very easily ruin the entire server. Admins make law, ensure (super)mods are not abusing their powers, and that stupid dumb fucks who try to bend the rules get their asses kicked to the goddamn curb where they belong.

Of course, there are little plugins and commands that I'm forgetting to mention for the staff ranks. But it's close enough and a good basis to get started.

If y'all like this, I'll put together a list of my favorite MC rules that I've found really useful in the past :3

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015 19:23 

So the server isn't staying vanilla?

D:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015 20:01 

No. Currently the server is still running on serial's machine. Once we get a dedicated machine at what specific mods to use. (Also there's almost no mods that work for the most current version yet anyway.)

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015 20:31 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I was told that this server will probably remain as-is and a second server will have mods on it (if we revert to 1.7)

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2015 20:39 

Oh yeah that's probably correct.