Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 04:50

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 03:05 

So yeah, I decided to start my journey into Alien: Isolation and also decided to stream it. I will post my journey into this hellish space station here.

1st part:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFCHqld01I[/youtube]

2nd part:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kICOCF5z3CA[/youtube]

3rd part:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYS9tb-iUK0[/youtube]

4th part:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm2lhREE2m8[/youtube]

5th part:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDrWd89gZIQ[/youtube]

6th part:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHM4N49zCg[/youtube]

Last edited by DimSumGuy83 on 15 Aug 2015 11:40, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 13:54 

When you get to the part of the game where the alien actually hunts you, remember the duck key is your friend (walking upright will get you killed immediately).

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 15:01 

that is actually good to know jon. I am gonna start playing it again after my cousin moves out and I have some free time. I have been in the mood to play it again lately.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 15:50 

*EDIT*

I have added the videos in chronological order.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 16:05 

I caught the end of when you're actually fighting the alien, and here's my advice (I played on hard before nightmare came out, so it may not be as effective on nightmare) Also, if you don't want tips just tell me to shut up and I'll leave you alone.
  • The alien hunts you based on sight, sound and your proximity to the objective. Don't let yourself be visible to the Alien - if you're looking at it, it will see you. You have to get to angles where you're covered, or you can only see its feet/tail. I never used items aside from the flamethrower when the alien was around, including the motion tracker. The motion tracker makes a lot of noise, I relied on the loud footsteps to track the alien. Also, when you get closer to the objective on the map, the alien will always be close to you. That's the instances when you should use the ring around-the-rosey strategy I told you about.

Don't get cornered - I avoided lockers and those small cabinets like they were the devil. They were only used in emergencies. The reason being, you have no movement to help you get away from the alien, you're just stuck in one spot and at the mercy of the Alien AI to give up and go to a new room. This leads to ten to twenty minutes of you sitting in place twiddling your thumbs.

Get comfortable with the alien close to you - I know it's scary at first because the alien shows no mercy and it's an uncomfortable feeling, but you need to be able to make quick cuts into rooms or around corners in order to advance in the game. You should get close to objects, peek up and around the object with the toggle key, and stay ducked while you move from point to point. Also, when I say make quick cuts, it means make a split decision to do it. DON'T RUN. Always stay ducked if you want to live

Medbay sucks - The part you're on is the hardest in the game. I thought it was stupid to make the intro with the alien around the most difficult, but this part is so hard it almost made me quit the game. Stay with it, you'll be fine and it's all down hill from here!

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 16:20 

Shut up and leave him alone!

Jk

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 16:25 

Quote:
I caught the end of when you're actually fighting the alien, and here's my advice (I played on hard before nightmare came out, so it may not be as effective on nightmare) Also, if you don't want tips just tell me to shut up and I'll leave you alone.
  • The alien hunts you based on sight, sound and your proximity to the objective. Don't let yourself be visible to the Alien - if you're looking at it, it will see you. You have to get to angles where you're covered, or you can only see its feet/tail. I never used items aside from the flamethrower when the alien was around, including the motion tracker. The motion tracker makes a lot of noise, I relied on the loud footsteps to track the alien. Also, when you get closer to the objective on the map, the alien will always be close to you. That's the instances when you should use the ring around-the-rosey strategy I told you about.

Don't get cornered - I avoided lockers and those small cabinets like they were the devil. They were only used in emergencies. The reason being, you have no movement to help you get away from the alien, you're just stuck in one spot and at the mercy of the Alien AI to give up and go to a new room. This leads to ten to twenty minutes of you sitting in place twiddling your thumbs.

Get comfortable with the alien close to you - I know it's scary at first because the alien shows no mercy and it's an uncomfortable feeling, but you need to be able to make quick cuts into rooms or around corners in order to advance in the game. You should get close to objects, peek up and around the object with the toggle key, and stay ducked while you move from point to point. Also, when I say make quick cuts, it means make a split decision to do it. DON'T RUN. Always stay ducked if you want to live

Medbay sucks - The part you're on is the hardest in the game. I thought it was stupid to make the intro with the alien around the most difficult, but this part is so hard it almost made me quit the game. Stay with it, you'll be fine and it's all down hill from here!

Thanks for the list of tips Jon! I tried doing the whole "stay close to the alien" tip you gave me earlier but I had no idea on what you meant by close. Now, when you say that the motion tracker makes a lot of noise, how much is "a lot of noise?"

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 16:30 

It hears everything you hear, so the "beep" when you first pull it out is noticeable. Also, the closer the alien gets to you, the louder the motion tracker gets. The alien will hear it. So, only use the motion tracker for general reconnaissance when you know the alien isn't super close. It can be helpful, but I found the game easier when I didn't rely on it.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015 19:27 

By the way, how much faster is Jeff (the alien) than your character is at running?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015 12:21 

*EDIT*

New video added!

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015 16:42 

Quote:
By the way, how much faster is Jeff (the alien) than your character is at running?
Running with the alien hunting you is always a bad idea - just don't do it. It's not a matter of the alien being faster (it is way faster, btw), it's more a matter of it hears where you're going and it won't leave the room. The result of this is tons of locker deaths.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015 19:47 

Quote:
Quote:
Running with the alien hunting you is always a bad idea - just don't do it. It's not a matter of the alien being faster (it is way faster, btw), it's more a matter of it hears where you're going and it won't leave the room. The result of this is tons of locker deaths.
Good to know then. So basically if it sees you then you're locked on in its sights and death is the only option?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015 12:48 

*EDIT*

New video is up and one warning: it is a VERY long video.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015 13:28 

Congrats on getting past the Medbay! It's a lot more fun of a game now, IMO.

PostPosted: 15 Aug 2015 11:39 

Another video up and this one is a bit longer than the previous.