Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 23 Apr 2024 20:08

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015 12:11 

PCGamer released their most recent list of top 100 games of all time. What do you guys think?

http://www.pcgamer.com/best-pc-games/#page-2

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015 13:55 

Quote:
timr
timr

timr

timr

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015 14:08 

Fuck.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015 14:57 

I've played so few of those games. Probably only ten or so.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015 16:49 

Spread across 13 pages. Any site that does that does not deserve my traffic, and their opinion should be disregarded :P

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015 16:51 

Quote:
Spread across 13 pages. Any site that does that does not deserve my traffic, and their opinion should be disregarded :P
Haha, it was kind of annoying, but still it was a good read.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2015 20:51 

Quote:
Quote:
Haha, it was kind of annoying, but still it was a good read.
Auughh, now I don't even want to read it. I'm a firm believer that websites like that should be banned!

I AM ALSO STILL SO STUCK ON THE TIMR.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015 17:55 

Not a fan of PC Gamer and most of the games on the list are some that I don't believe should be in the Top 100 but in the end, it's just opinions and everyone has their own top lists.

Also, timr.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2015 18:21 

Quote:
Not a fan of PC Gamer and most of the games on the list are some that I don't believe should be in the Top 100 but in the end, it's just opinions and everyone has their own top lists.

Also, timr.
Why not share more of your opinion? Like what ones don't belong?

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2015 00:03 

Quote:
Quote:

Also, timr.
Why not share more of your opinion? Like what ones don't belong?
Sure,

I only picked the ones that I feel don't belong. Not ones that should be higher or lower, might do that after though). I also tried to only pick games that I have played or have researched an absolute shit ton about.

I think that for a game to be on a top 100 games of all time list it needs to revolutionize it's genre and stand the test of time, be the best of it's genre, or just be an amazing game that is fun/gives of a good experience while also not being a buggy mess.

97 Mirror's Edge: Great game, just maybe but definitely does not feel like it belongs in the top 100. Maybe 150 or higher. Some of the mechanics (aka Guns and Combat in general) really feel disjointed and should have not been in a game of this type.

94 Gone Home: More of a nostalgia trip than a game with feelings. Doesn't deserve all the claims of walking simulator as it at least has some interactivity (unlike Dear Esther). If you were not born in the generation of VHS tapes and SNES games or at least appreciate them, then you will probably have a bad experience with this game. For a game that should appear in a top 100 it really should have the ability to stand the test of time. I have a feeling that in a couple of years people will forget about this game.

86 Far Cry 4: I'll take any Far Cry over this one. Whole it does improve upon Far Cry 3, it just doesn't improve enough and feels half baked. The story (so far with every far cry game) has been just worthless. Finally the whole Ubisoft generic open world template is stale now and was stale even before Far Cry 4 released. Still a decently fun game but nothing in it makes me say revolutionary or top 100 worthy.

84 Battlefield 3: I would put this game very close to the top 100. Maybe 120 or so. I just believe that Battlefield 2 or Bad Company 2 feel more fleshed out than this game. Also I fucking despise Battlelog for playing games. It would be a nice service if it was optional but since it's mandatory it just brings the whole experience down.

81 Saints Row 4: The worst Saints Row game in my opinion. Coming off of a strong high from SR2, Volition went crazy with SR3 and left behind all of the down to earth qualities that SR2 had. They made one of my favourite open world locations (Stilwater) into the single most bland location ever in a open world game (Besides Skyrim). SR3 still had some great moments though that I enjoyed playing through but SR4 is just the same stuff but with the great moments gone. While the superpowers are fun, they really kill the pace of the game which in the originals always had you customizing cars once you gained enough respect and cash to create the best modes of transportation. In SR4, you get that immediately in the form of super speed, super jumps and glides right at the start of the game which makes a whole chunk of the game shit to use. I wish SR2 could be on the top 100 list but since it's only PC games and the port of SR2 to PC was one of the worst I have ever seen, then it can't be on the list.

64 Planetside 2: A buggy mess since launch that was just getting worse with every patch. Luckily it was fixed but due to some questionable free to play mechanics and it still missing some awesome features from the original it shouldn't really be on the list.

61 Thief Gold: A case older doesn't always mean better. While back in the day it was revolutionary, nowadays it just feels dated. Stiff controls and bad design decisions still plauge this game since the days it came out.

52 Day Z: It's not even out yet. Sure it has spawned a whole new genre but the game is still broken at it's current state. Did I mention it's not even finished yet?

I'm gonna continue this tomorrow when I have more time and while I'm not tired. I think 50 is a good stopping point right now anyways.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2015 01:04 

i dont really have timr to read it can someone summarize more :P