Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:58

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015 18:12 

My coworker is looking for a game he can play with his son. He has a few criteria. I was hoping you guys could suggest some games since a lot of you have consoles.
  • It can have shooting, but he doesn't want a "shooter".
  • It doesn't have to be multiplayer per se, but it does need to be a game they can play together.
  • It should be "like Indiana Jones, where you have to go on an adventure and survive and stuff"
  • Not too complicated in terms of skill trees and whatnot
I'm thinking some type of RPG Adventure game would fit that pretty well. Tomb Raider is the only one I can come up with, but that might be too shooty.

He is also looking for a game that fits the bill of "I loved Super Mario. Are there games like Super Mario?" Ratchet and Clank seems kind of like that. Any others?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015 19:47 

Terraria?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015 19:58 

I don't think he'd be interested in a sandbox game. The way he talked he wanted something more structured.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015 20:51 

Ratchet and Clank would be good but it does not have Co-Op and only comes out in April 2016.

Spelunky (Co-Op Platformer, Has an adventure type feel to it, Digital Only)
Rayman Legends (Co-Op Platformer)
Guacamelee (Co-Op Platformer, Digital Only)
Mercenary Kings (Co-Op Platform Shooter, Digital Only)
Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare (Is a shooter/tower defence hybrid. Contains Co-Op modes)
Don't Starve (Don't know if it's Co-Op, features survival elements, Digital Only)
Trine 2 (Co-Op Puzzle Sidescroller, Has an adventure feel, Digital Only)
Magicka 2 (Co-Op, hard to explain but it does have blood, has a adventure feel to it, Digital Only)
Guantlet (Co-Op, Brutal and has is adventure like, Light RPG elements, Digital Only)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Fits the bill of being Indiana Jones, no Co-Op though and is definitely a shooter)

The "Toy to life" games (Skylanders, LEGO Dimensions and Disney Infinity) also would probably work, but his kids might be getting too old for them.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'll add more if I think of them but it's kinda hard to pin point the sort of game they want. I recommend that he checks out Youtube videos on these games to see if they are the ones he's looking for.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015 20:59 

Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll look these up and see if he likes them.

I didn't even know there was a new version of Ratchet and Clank. I was just thinking of the one me and serial played together.

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015 22:14 

Little big planet 3 seems like a good example of super mario

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2015 23:51 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
Quote:
Thanks for all the recommendations! I'll look these up and see if he likes them.

I didn't even know there was a new version of Ratchet and Clank. I was just thinking of the one me and serial played together.
You can get the old versions. At least for PS3 you can. I'm certain they'll come out for PS4 if they aren't now. I have the first 3 on one disk. Got it for $15

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015 00:54 

Quote:
Quote:

You can get the old versions. At least for PS3 you can. I'm certain they'll come out for PS4 if they aren't now. I have the first 3 on one disk. Got it for $15
Yeah, if they have a PS3, then they can get almost all versions of R&C. 1, Going Commando, Up Your Arsenal, Deadlocked, Future: Tools of Destruction, Future: Quest for Booty, Future: A Crack in Time, All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault and Into the Nexus. The only ones missing are Size Matters and Secret Agent Clank.

Most of the PS3 R&C games can actually be played on PS4, but it's a rental streaming service that requires a great connection to play. Also the costs for the rentals suck.

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2015 19:40 

The lego saga like lego star wars or lego batman etc. Giveb how old his kid is lol