LINK

For the entire discussion, see here.

And this is what started the discussion

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2010 22:35 

well since the new it game is black ops
its not really that bad cuz you can rock some ppl with those beginner guns
shit i would rape bad after every prestige
i think for that its just a matter of experience and learning the tricks
cuz i bet if i play once a week i could still do good just cuz i know all and more than the basic

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 00:55 

Bunny's right. It doesn't matter how high of a level you are. Beginner's CAN best the higher levels if they try hard enough. The starting weapons aren't that bad neither. I remember slaughtering with the MP5K when I first started out on Black Ops.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 01:11 

that may be true with black ops but I can think of numerous games where if you don't play regularly you will just blow. All halo games fall into this category as do all counter strike games. Any game that is similar to starcraft is the same way. You will be cannon fodder for the people that play everyday. However, I think its really dumb for me to put my time and effort into becoming good at a game only to have some rich little bastard spend 10 dollars and get a weapon or item that levels the playing field significantly. That is just greed by the game makers in my opinion.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 05:09 

but black ops aside
its like i said if you really wanna be good at a game
just learn the tricks and all that do research and and youll be good enough
most people suck cuz they arent that knowledgeable on the said game

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 07:54 

Quote:
that may be true with black ops but I can think of numerous games where if you don't play regularly you will just blow. All halo games fall into this category as do all counter strike games.
I don't think that's true about counter strike at all. You can carry over your fps skills with just a few minor tweaks, and once you get a handle on the money system you can own average players and compete with good ones, if you've got those reflexes and inherent strategies from other fps games. I was one of the best in NcB after only a few months of playing (granted, that doesn't say a lot, but I was going up against people who played daily for hours and had owned the game for much longer than I had, like pres). That's why it's still one of the most popular games around, even though it's really old and doesn't have astonishing graphics.

But compare that to something like the Battlefield 2 mod I played in the other day. if it's anything like Battlefield 2, noobs won't stand a chance. I was constantly getting awped by people who had leveled up to the point that they could be invisible if they stood there for long enough. I don't care how good you are - you can't shoot somebody you can't see, so people who have played a long time ALWAYS have a SIGNIFICANT advantage over a newb.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 08:03 

Quote:
I don't care how good you are - you can't shoot somebody you can't see, so people who have played a long time ALWAYS have a SIGNIFICANT advantage over a newb.
So if you see me, please don't shoot me Anubis... :o

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 11:29 

yeah but granted most of the people that were in NcB were not good anyway. Once you started playing against actual good players you have to keep your skills honed. Your recoil control, your reaction time. I personally notice a major difference after taking a couple of days off and playing again.

PostPosted: 21 Dec 2010 11:59 

Quote:
yeah but granted most of the people that were in NcB were not good anyway.
My point exactly. They played the game a lot more than me, and they still sucked. A game like counter strike is not directly related to time spent playing. It has a lot to do with experience with fps in general, experience strategizing in any situation (including basketball or similar things), and awareness and reflexes. It's not like a game where performance is much more directly tied to time spent playing.