Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:39

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: The Story of RecKLesS
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2017 13:18 

Hello, My Name is Brent. I am 18 Years Old. I live in Florida.

I was born November 2nd 1998 in Saint Augustine Florida at 8:47am. After a long hard night and some problems with me as a baby. They forced my mother into labor and told her that if she didn't have me that morning that we were both going to die. Basically what happened was, when I was in the womb. I was a nice big ol' fat baby. I had went up under my mothers rib cage and turned on my side.. When I did that I did some superman backflip and wrapped the cord around my neck. Basically cutting off the circulation to my head. They gave my mom an epidural and she went into labor. She pushed a good 4 times and boop I came out.. but the only problem was, I wasn't crying.. Infact I wasn't even breathing. I had died about 2 minutes prior to me coming out. They had to cut the cord and then by some graceful miracle, I started breathing again. Ofcourse the doctor freaked and so I had to be in an incubator baby for the next 3 months. Once I got out of the hospital, My momma took me home and then when I was around 9 months old. My family moved to Kentucky. We lived in the Tri-State area where West Virgina, Ohio, and Kentucky all meet.

I'll skip all the bogus stuff until I get into 2nd grade. In my 2nd grade year of elementary, I started playing Football. I played Football from 2nd grade all the way to 6th grade. I was the fasted kid in the county at the time. I was also one of the hardest hitting defenders.. So basically if you had the ball, I was gonna catch you. My county went undefeated for 4 straight years because our defense was unstoppable.. and on offense, No one could catch me. I played both sides, this worked until my 5th grade year, My 5th grade year. I was skateboarding and I was blindly hit by a vehicle going 60 mph in a 15 zone traveling on an S Curve. He was drunk. I broke 6 ribs. Shattered my left shoulder and I lost my front teeth that I had just grown back in.. this means these are my adult teeth, go figure what I look like now.. So after surgeries on my shoulders and a long recovery. I insisted that I play football again in my 6th grade year.. Thank god they held up and stayed undefeated even though I had got taken out mid season. Fast forward a bit through my 6th grade year. We were at the state championship game. Most people believe the statement that nothing lasts forever, that's exactly what happened. It was 4th quarter with 3 minutes left in the game. My family from Florida had flown down to come watch this game. I remember we had setup for a shotgun snap and then a halfback pass off. Basically the Quarterback was to snap the ball, fall back and then I get the ball and run for the pocket. Well at this time, I had already scored over 6 touchdowns, but they were right behind us. They had scored their 5th touchdown the run before and we had to get ahead before the 2 minute mark at least by 2 touchdowns so we could feel somewhat comfortable. So the play runs and I get the ball and here comes the biggest kid in the state. A big boy who we named the Grizzly Bear.. who was 5'10 and weighed almost 300 pounds. I was 4'10 at the time and weighed about 70 pounds.. which explains why I could run so fast. So I hit the pocket and the Grizzly Bear hit me.. Knocked me out instantly and re-fractured my shoulder and also re-broke one of my ribs and it fractured as I hit the ground, puncturing my lung. So I was unconscious, vomiting blood, and gasping for air. They had to pause the game and have me life flighted to a nearby hospital where I would stay for the next 2 weeks on recovery. My team ended up winning the game even though I had gotten injured. I was in so much pain that I was slipping in and out of consciousness that they sedated me and I was basically out for the 2 weeks. When I finally remember people being there, I remember seeing this kid I've never seen before but I somehow recognized him. Remember the Grizzly Bear I told you about? Yeah he left the game just to be there for the kid he just basically almost killed. (Fun fact - We are still friends almost 8 years later) so since that part of my life is over with.

Fast forward to my 9th year of school, my freshman year. So at this point we had moved back to Florida in 2011. This would have been my 7th year of school, but that's a whole story you don't even want to hear.. Its boring and dumb. So my Freshman year. I wasn't allowed to play sports anymore due to my injuries, Puberty had made my torso grow crooked so my left arm was slightly longer than my right arm. This caused a lot of pain in my joints and stuff when it would get cold outside due to some of the metal in there from the car hitting me. I was in JROTC in highschool, I was 2nd in command for my company(Alpha Company) because my commander was a dumbass and my first sergeant was expelled from my school. So my own brother, who was a commander for Bravo Company, was also my commander. I was his first sergeant. We were probably the most successful company out of the program. Soooo here's where it might get emotional. My father was always the one who always kept to himself because he didn't want anyone to help him, he didn't want to be helpless. Well come Christmas time 2013. Actually Christmas Day 2013.. We had woken up and went to get my father up and he was squirming on the bed and was in a lot of pain, he couldn't move.. So I called 911 and called my mother and told her to leave work and meet us at the hospital.. we don't know what's wrong with Dad. Fast foward about a week.. He was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer due to working in a factory which was around a lot of methane gas and a whole lot of other stuff we never even knew about, also didn't help he was a smoker since he was 14. So basically I was a 15 year old kid who's father was dying and the only thing was.. I was bullied a lot in school so it didn't help matters that no matter where I went.. I was gonna be depressed and not happy. So the next couple of months after that.. Were pure hell. Countless nights where my father would get up and be hallucinating and would be screaming in agony. It was so scary. Come March 25th at 3:47am, My Father took his last breath.. He was on 52 years old.

The months after, I never spoke to anyone. I kept to myself and I would cry on a regular basis. After that, come June 9th 2014, My mother went to bed that night and my brother had been at a friends house. I went into my dad's gun safe that we had in the storage room next to my room. I grabbed his .45 that his father had gave him. Loaded it up with one round.. Put it to my head and pulled the trigger. The gun misfired and went off, but the bullet had lodged sideways in the chamber. If that doesn't tell you that I was here for something.. I don't know what will. My mother heard the pop from her room.. She almost didn't want to open the door. When she opened it.. I was sitting there looking at the bullet I had managed to get out. After that, she sold the gunsafe. I was sent to counseling for attempting suicide. After that, I realized how important and beautiful life is.. Even though we get so sad.. We can never expect what's in store for us.

Lets fast forward 2 years later (2016) when I met the love of my life. At this point in my life, I had started PC gaming, Playing Music and Bowling as my Hobbies. I had went on Facebook and got a friend request from a girl that I knew from school who had tried talking to me but I was too scared to actually talk to her. She had recently broken up with her boyfriend because he had cheated on her on multiple occasions. So it was a friday night, my brother and I were planning on going bowling. I finally manned up and asked her if she would like to come. She ended up coming and I swear, I've never been more nervous in my life. She was so beautiful and I was the ugly, big nosed, no teeth having 17 year old guy who would stutter every time he spoke. We started talking and she told me how her father had C.O.P.D (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). She told me how sick he was, this really hit home to me because my father had died from lung cancer.. not the same but he's still sick. We ended up talking for about another month.. I met her family and her father, I fell in love. We were so perfect together.. we were so happy. We had went to My Mother and Step Father's wedding and it was amazing to share the experience with her. Come around Christmas time, her father took the turn for the worst.. In and Out of the hospital in the course of 3 weeks. Come January 21st. I had went to see her and her father at the hospital. I had sat down and was holding his hand and.. he took his last breath. I fell into shock because I didn't know exactly what to do. I knew I had to be there for her and her family. I stuck by her side the entire way. Fast forward a bit to February, some stuff went down with her and her emotions due to the death of her father. She attempted suicide.. I fell apart but I reassured her that I've been there, I've been in her exact shoes. It actually brought us closer because she saw how much it broke me and it broke her to see me like that. But she reassured me that she wasn't thinking that night.. since then we have grown deeper in love with eachother.. and here we are now, she is in counseling to get help with her depression. I've been by her side every step. I am now the happiest, outgoing, soulful person.
Attachment:
File comment: 2006 - 2nd grade championship
1898247_739327729452242_647972998_n.jpg
1898247_739327729452242_647972998_n.jpg [ 11.43 KiB | Viewed 2731 times ]
Attachment:
File comment: My Girlfriend and I at the Wedding
14717308_10209786065704985_2304699236231468392_n.jpg
14717308_10209786065704985_2304699236231468392_n.jpg [ 129.93 KiB | Viewed 2731 times ]

Last edited by RecKLesS on 27 Feb 2017 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017 18:26 

The lack of paragraphs make it impossible to read. :(

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2017 23:36 

Quote:
The lack of paragraphs make it impossible to read. :(
yeah ill fix it my bad lol