Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 18:17

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Anubis's life story
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 11:15 

I was born in Illinois when I was zero years old. My mom was 20 and my dad was 22, so they were pretty young parents. My twin brother was also born, incidentally on the same day as me. I don't remember much, but apparently we lived there for two years.

When I was two, my family moved from Illinois to Oregon. We made the trip on a train. It was a very long train ride, but again, I don't remember much of it. My mom said I didn't really sleep the whole time, though, which made for a very frustrating trip for her and my dad, since they also didn't get to sleep.

We moved to Oregon so my mom could go to school at the University of Oregon, in Eugene. Eugene is still my favourite city I've lived in. Easy to walk places, lots of culture, lots of stuff to do, and very green and wet all the time.

Once my mom graduated, we moved to San Francisco, so my dad could go to the San Francisco College of Mortuary Science and become a funeral director. What a strange carreer move! But he would end up being a funeral director for most of my life.

Once he graduated, he tried a couple of funeral homes in California, but both he and my mom wanted to move back to Oregon (they both really loved Eugene). However, they inexplicably chose to move to Klamath Falls, the driest, brownest, ugliest city in Oregon.

I lived most of my life in Klamath Falls, and it was pretty nice having that stability. We rented a house until I was in the fifth grade, and then bought a house that was in the same school district. While at the rental house, we had three cats (we were only supposed to have one, so we made up stories about why the cat looked so different all the time), and acquired two dogs. The first was a pit-bull/rotweiler mix named Isaac. He was alright. The other was a malamute/lab mix named Extra Fox. He is still alive, and he is the silliest dog in the entire world. He barks at the stupidest things, and gets scared of everything. When he is scared, he runs and hides in the bathroom.

In the fifth grade, we bought a house. It was a terrible house. It was supposed to be a "fix-her-up" house. It had no doors upstairs on the bedrooms, the upstairs bathroom was crumbling apart, and it was really drafty. Unfortunately, a few months after we bought the house, my mom got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, a chronic autoimmune disease that basically fucks you up. Terrible timing! Now all our house-fixing money had to get spent on her, and she eventually had to stop working and go on disability.

I graduated from high school in my town in 2005. I was a pretty good student, and I played basketball and did track. I was the best forward in my conference and also the fourth best shot-putter in the state of Oregon. Our school was the smallest school in our conference, so we always did really badly at sports, though. The shining moment of my basketball carreer was my senior year, when we actually won more games than we lost. (The two previous seasons, we only won two games total.0

After graduating, I got a summer job doing some yard work for a person in my church. It paid super well, but I hated it. i hate the desert, I hate the sun, I hate spiders, and all of these things were very popular in Klamath Falls.

The next school year, I moved to Spokane Washington to go to school at Gonzaga. It was the only college I applied to, and I was quickly accepted. i chose it because they had a ton of majors and I had no idea what i wanted to major in.

I eventually decided to double major in Spanish and Math to become a math teacher. Unfortunately, my fifth year rolled around and I still hadn't taken all my classes (I tended to get distracted with fun classes, so even though I took a full course load every year, i couldn't complete the double major in four years), and i ran out of financial aid. So I graduated with my BA in Spanish and Math, but no teaching certification.

While at Gonzaga, I had a job in my school library for two years, and with Habitat for Humanity for three years. Both were part time jobs, and i was never allowed to work more than 19 hours a week. But it was spending money. One summer, i worked as a maintenance technician in Suprise, AZ, and another summer i worked as a professional cleaning person in Klamath Falls.

At the end of my fourth year at Gonzaga, i met fellow [AM] member serialp0rt. As you may know, serialp0rt is quite handsome, and i was unable to resist his charm. He came to visit me in Spokane during my fifth year, and we agreed that after I graduated I would move to Tennessee to live with him.

So last December I moved to TN. I live in the tiniest town imaginable. Actually, I don't even live in the town - I live outside of the tiniest town imaginable. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO except look at trees and stuff. Klamath Falls didn't have trees, so it's actually kind of neat to see things are green, but still... You can only look at trees for so long.

In April, I applied to this program in Tennessee where they take math and science majors, put them into a one-year internship for teaching, and then certify them to teach. I was accepted into the program, so right now I'm smack dab in the middle of my intership. It's going alright, but education in Tennessee is pretty messed up. It's very difficult to be in a position where I know what's wrong and what could be fixed, but am absolutely powerless to change anything. In fact, if I try to change things right now (if i rock the boat too much) I could be evicted from the program.

And that's pretty much my life story.

Post subject: Re: Anubis's life story
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010 15:52 

Quote:
serialp0rt is quite handsome, and i was unable to resist his charm
i think we all know what you mean
well atleast thats why i joined the clan lmao
Quote:
I hate spiders
this reminded me of your basketball dilemma wer there was a spider hanging and you were afraid it could get stuck and turn into a transformer lmao
man but you sure did move alot
something i could never know about :P

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010 00:46 

Quote:

At the end of my fourth year at Gonzaga, i met fellow [AM] member serialp0rt. As you may know, serialp0rt is quite handsome, and i was unable to resist his charm. He came to visit me in Spokane during my fifth year, and we agreed that after I graduated I would move to Tennessee to live with him.
Awww, that made me blush. I am quite handsome. In fact I have an entire fan club devoted to the best looking player out there :) I love you.

PostPosted: 19 Oct 2010 12:18 

Ugh....go get a room you two lol

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2010 16:09 

if i could [like] post.....i would [like] dimsums post....fudging facebook lol

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010 16:42 

you guys need to join reddit.com, for realz yo!

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013 17:20 

I can't believe I read the whole thing. Thanks.
If I wasn't so lazy, I'd write one myself.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2013 17:27 

haha, I only did it because I'm a clan member. I felt really lazy about it.