Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 08:32

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Anubis's gaming life
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010 16:26 

I liked Azn's gaming thread, so here is my gaming story.

I never had a console, in my entire life. I didn't have a TV for most of my life. But from the earliest I can remember, we have always had a computer.

When I was really little, I loved playing DOS games. (Yes, that's the operating system my computer had). I beat Keen Dreams when I was five. I also played Commander Keen 4, Overkill, Jumpjet, Math Rescue, and a slew of other DOS games.

When I was about 12, my family finally got a computer with Windows as the operating system. We still had Windows 3.x on our DOS machine (which, by the way, had the best games of any windows OS since), but when we upgraded to Windows 98 I still played all the DOS games.

When I was a senior in High School, my parents got a new computer and gave me their old one. Being an old computer, it couldn't play much, but I did install Carmageddon 2 onto it. Still one of my favourite games. I also bought Rainbow Six:3. It didn't work on my computer. :(

Because the game didn't work, I spent all the money I got from graduation on buying a new computer, all my own. I was finally able to play! Rainbow Six:3 became my new favourite game. It was super fun.

When I was moving to college, I convinced my mom to buy me a new computer game, for a goodbye present. I chose Condition Zero because I thought it looked like Rainbow Six, but it wasn't at all. I was very disappointed and didn't play again for years.

I did get Spinter Cell, though, and loved it.

Two years later, my brother told me about how fun it was to play Team Fortress 2 online. I thought to myself "...Condition Zero has an online game. I wonder if it's fun". The very first server I popped into was NcB Peacemakers, and I fell in love with the game and that server. I joined NcB about two months later and stayed with them for over a year.

During that time, the biggest douche bag in the world took over the clan, and eventually, tired of his constant lying and humiliating behaviour, I left the clan. Eventually, me and serialp0rt started our own.

Nowadays, I play mostly CZ, but I have a few other Steam games I'll play if I'm in the mood. I'm not a huge fan of FPS games in general (I play CZ the most, but it's one of the very few FPSs that I've ever enjoyed), so my games have a wide range.

I still have never had a console. I am 100% pure PC gamer.

Post subject: Re: Anubis's gaming life
PostPosted: 11 Nov 2010 14:05 

I hope one day I can get my xbox fixed and teach anubis to use a gaming console. it will never compare to the pc but some games on console are better...just not FPS games. Thank God she was a PC gamer though, or I wouldn't have met her.

Post subject: Re: Anubis's gaming life
PostPosted: 12 Nov 2010 00:05 

You know you can use the wireless Xbox 360 controllers for your PC. All you have to do is purchase the wireless receiver for PC and BAM! I bought 2 Mad Catz WIRED Xbox 360 controllers and played many games: Tom Clancy's HAWX, Devil May Cry 4, Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter 4, Splinter Cell: Conviction. I wanna try to get the 1st Gears of War for PC.