Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 19 Apr 2024 10:20

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Yeah, I'm joining up.
PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011 13:27 

So I've been conversing for a few days with serialp0rt and even longer with prototyp3. I'll admit the conversations have been pretty awesome. So I am requesting to join this clan. I've read the mission statement and the like, I plan on being active on the forums a bit more than I am on most forums, which is little to none honestly. My name on here is XaoTIKn but in game, Halo and TF2 I am known as Assman9000, I just figured what would be an awesome name, then what would be a awesome name to get killed by, I came up with Assman, but it seemed incomplete. So I polished it up with 9000. because a number makes the name amazing, and so way back when in Halo, I played under the name Assman9000, and it was just bloody awesome, so I use the name in other games when I feel I've gained enough expierence and have become good enough to use the sheer epicness of the name that is Assman9000. Like I told Prototype yesterday, Do you expect anything else but awesome from me? That is what to expect from me by the way, IF YOU MUST PUT EXPECTATIONS ON PEOPLE. If not than just know that I am great company and a pretty friendly person, Not to mention, I'll be covering your ass as best I can as a Sniper in TF2. (By the way, you all should feel more complete now that you know the story of Assman9000)

I don't play many games online as most of my games are, well lets say not online enabled. I play Halo online and TF2. I'm a big believer in free. So that should explain most of my gaming habits.

Long story short, Can't wait to get to know all of you, and play some games with ya, Most likely Team Fortress 2.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011 14:50 

Hey man, good to see you join the forums. I saw that name down there and was like "who the hell is that" but I see it is you.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011 16:56 

Actually, I feel that learning the patronage of the name Assman9000 made me want to quit gaming forever.

O.o

That was a joke, fuck man lay off. xD :oops:

Anyways, stick around and get to know some people and we'll see.

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011 17:42 

Welcome to our forums, and I've had the pleasure to play with you a bit. Stick around, and like tyler said, we'll see, and go from there.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011 02:41 

Quote:
Actually, I feel that learning the patronage of the name Assman9000 made me want to quit gaming forever.

O.o

That was a joke, fuck man lay off. xD :oops:

Anyways, stick around and get to know some people and we'll see.
No worries mate, I knew you were joking. You know how I knew? Because Assman9000 is epic, and unless you are the Anti-Epic, then it would never have that sort of effect on you.

All that aside, People posted in my thread. Yay. I just finished my SQL final, 5 Questions long.... Took me 3 hours. Time to eat some blueberry pancakes and unwind with some Team Fortress 2. Boom. Headshot.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011 07:30 

Are you in college?

I always hated take home finals .The college gives you a two hour block of time to test us. If you can't write a test that adequately tests us in two hours, then you don't deserve to be a college professor. I guess I could understand in a SQL class because that's more like a final project... But damn take home essays in philosophy or whatever are ridiculous.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011 10:28 

Quote:
Are you in college?

I always hated take home finals .The college gives you a two hour block of time to test us. If you can't write a test that adequately tests us in two hours, then you don't deserve to be a college professor. I guess I could understand in a SQL class because that's more like a final project... But damn take home essays in philosophy or whatever are ridiculous.
Yeah, I am in college, Computer Networking. I completely agree with you, Though that SQL final was a tad obnoxious, It's not that is was HARD per say, but it was tedious. Gah, writing those bloody INSERT statements were ridiculous. Just sayin'

I assume you are heading down the college road yourself, given that you know how it goes. What are you studying, Anubis?

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011 12:00 

yeah man, glad to see you joined up. we are always interested in new people if they fit in. so just hang out look around and we have a ventrilo server if you ever want to join and hang out. just check out server list on the main page.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011 12:25 

Quote:
Quote:
Are you in college?

Yeah, I am in college, Computer Networking. I completely agree with you, Though that SQL final was a tad obnoxious, It's not that is was HARD per say, but it was tedious. Gah, writing those bloody INSERT statements were ridiculous. Just sayin'

I assume you are heading down the college road yourself, given that you know how it goes. What are you studying, Anubis?
I actually finished up my master's degree just this summer. But for my undergraduate work in teacher education, I had so many dumb "final projects" that took weeks to complete, and so many "final papers" that got handed out the week before dead week that the teachers fully expected us to spend two weeks completing. It was so frustrating.

Also, this is the servers list serial was referencing.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011 11:10 

Thanks, I had managed to find that on my own. I wish people would play the [AM] servers more often in TF2, It would slightly eliminate the problem of attempting to get on a certain team. I have been waiting in spectator for a spot to open on RED or BLU just so I can talk to the clan members, Mostly Serialp0rt and Anubis. It's kind of lame. But I've been having quite a bit of fun kicking som ass with you all, it's good conversation mixed with good players, it's actually quite a welcome addition. I may have been a F2P player, but I've seen way worse players than me. Not to mention, I've got a premium account because I did not want to wait for some items.

Anyway, I'm rambling a bit here, So I'm gonna stop.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011 11:37 

Quote:
I wish people would play the [AM] servers more often in TF2, It would slightly eliminate the problem of attempting to get on a certain team.
Yeah, we need to get it bustling! If we're all on at the same time, that's already 4v4 or even 5v5. It would only be a matter of time before a bunch of others joined up.
Quote:
I have been waiting in spectator for a spot to open on RED or BLU just so I can talk to the clan members, Mostly Serialp0rt and Anubis.
We have a ventrilo server, and we're almost always in ventrilo if we're in the game. You can find the server info here.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011 12:00 

yeah I agree. we will make more effort to use it for now on.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2011 12:31 

Well I mean, we should use it if there are enough people, Or maybe to hone our skills against like the harder bots... Otherwise I would say stick to the more populated servers.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]