Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 10:12

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012 16:10 

My steamid is bawksee, and the link to my profile is in my signature. I'd like to join this clan because I'd like to, above all, become better at games like CS/CS:S and possibly TF2, while having a blast doing it. From what I've seen so far, this clan is active, respectful, and generally fun to be around. The servers, while not always populated like other noisy, mod-filled, hacker-prone pubs, seem well-run and offer a lot of variety.

As for now, I'm not very interested in joining the competition team. I'm inexperienced and unfamiliar with map strategy and placement. I'd rather focus on getting better and learning these things with the help of this clan than jumping into a competitive league of some sort and getting my butt whooped.

One thing about me is that I am frequently available to play pretty much every evening. I'm willing to stay active and participate in the clan. I also have an active YouTube channel that I try to post new content in. It's mostly filled with Halo content, but I'm always looking to upload any other gameplay that I find interesting :)

That's pretty much it. I hope you guys (and gals) can make the decision to let me join.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012 16:34 

Quote:
As for now, I'm not very interested in joining the competition team. I'm inexperienced and unfamiliar with map strategy and placement. I'd rather focus on getting better and learning these things with the help of this clan than jumping into a competitive league of some sort and getting my butt whooped.
We (try to) hold practices for competition, and thing that will really help out is attending these practices. Even if you're not comfortable participating, just sitting in spectate will offer a lot of great information. Don't ever say "I'm not good enough for competition", because competition is one of the best ways to improve even if you are a brand spanking newb.

Also, just in my opinion, you sound like an awesome recruit.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012 16:41 

yeah I would agree with anubis. we are looking for active members almost as a priority. main thing is read the forums. even if you don't post (though posts are good too) as long as you read that is great. and hang out with everyone.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012 18:31 

A lot of us in this clan are experienced competitors, and have lots of experience in being in a competition team. But we still learn new stuff everytime too, so there's basictly always something new to learn. It's by playing with each other that we learn, and no one will laugh at you in here if you suck, or not, cause it's not about sucking, or being pro, it's about learning, and having a good time.

So hope to play with you some more. Welcome to our forums, and don't be shy to come play with us. No one is perfect, so we don't expect you to be. Just be yourself, and play on as a team player, the best way you can. Just have fun, and don't worry about what anyone thinks. You'll learn, and catch on some things, like we all did. Everyone has to start somewhere. We all started somewhere at some point too, even thow it don't seem like it.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012 00:38 

Yeah, Look at me, I'm a total newb. Haha. My score may not reflect it yet, but I know that I am improving, I may get frustrated sometimes but I'm always back at it. Unless it is TF2. I am pretty damn awesome at TF2. Anyway. Looking foward to actually meeting you and playing with you in game. It may not be for a bit though as circumstances are making that quite difficult. Anyway, Talk to you later!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]