Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 18 Apr 2024 19:51

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: hola
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012 22:32 

heya, i'm clyde. love playing CS, has been for years (unfortunately my skill doesn't display this :(), but i somehow found myself to this community, and it looks nice and somewhat professional. well... more professional than the last community i participated in. just thought i'd drop by. gonna try stopping in your servers too when i see some peeps in there (they're empty right now :().

so howdy!

Post subject: Re: hola
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012 23:49 

hey clydefreak :D keep ur eyes on our servers theyll be active sooner or later
edit i got had :|

Last edited by panduh on 24 Apr 2012 11:57, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 06:30 

My guess is he was just here to spam his sig link, so let's see what happens when I remove it...

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 11:45 

hello clyde frog. yeah we have been inactive for the past few weeks, health problems and lots of shit going on. we will be back to normal in a few days.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 12:22 

nah i'm not here just to spam my link. that's just an added bonus for me when i'm active in a community. if that was my only intention, i wouldn't even have bothered to check out your main website with the server listings, which i originally had to hunt for, because i'm used to the servers being displayed not only on the website, but also somewhere on the forum. :p just a thought.

sad to hear serialp0rt, hope all gets well personally, and gaming-wise. it's hard to find decent gaming communities now a days, especially for cs 1.6. i fav'd AM's pub server, just to keep an eye out for activity.

does this mean links in my siggy is a no no?

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 12:28 

no its okay, we have just had people make legitimate posts like yours before and turn out to be a spammer. so we are cautious at times. sigs are perfectly acceptable and I'll get anubis to unblock your stuff later today. Good to see you are legit. we will try to get some people in the pub tonite. I am dying to shoot some faces. We have a public ventrilo also, if you can find me add me I am gonna be home for a week so at least I'll be here most of the day.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 13:18 

coolio. i just hopped into the pub server, played a few rounds with a couple of people. pretty decent server quality. i don't really know the maps though, but that's ok. :) hope to get some gaming done with you fellas tonight.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 14:28 

Welcome to our forums.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 17:04 

Quote:
nah i'm not here just to spam my link
Then don't keep putting it back when I take it off. :/
Quote:
does this mean links in my siggy is a no no?
For now, yes. I should probably add a minimum post count for signatures, but it does look awfully suspicious for somebody to come in immediately sporting a sig link to "aim express", especially when the real link to aim express is http://www.aim.com/products/express and NOT http://echats.net/aim-express. Couple that with the fact that you added it back BEFORE asking if it was ok when a site admin took it off, and it begins looking exceptionally strange. Not to be a douche or anything, but it looks like you're fishing for passwords. So yeah, long story short, keep it off for now.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 17:54 

sorry, i guess i misunderstood. i took serialp0rt's reply as an a'ok for it's presence in my signature. i can see how it looks suspicious, but it isn't what you're assuming. no phishing involved. just one of my projects i'm working on.

and thanks @Northern. :)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2012 19:35 

Quote:
i took serialp0rt's reply as an a'ok for it's presence in my signature.
No, that's fine, you read it correctly - I didn't realize he replied before you answered.

But yeah, echats.net was a pretty suspicious looking site. You don't really see many legit sites with half naked women, lesbian chats, and admonitions not to update your software... Not saying your site is trying to take advantage of anybody, but I think it would be better to keep it out.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012 06:50 

I'm virgin, so I don't know what are naked woman, and I have no idea what a lesbian is.

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012 07:33 

yeah if anything ever looks like it could be harmful to our members or anyone that visits our site we take that into consideration. We care about everyone in our community.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]