Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 06:17

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: labas :)
PostPosted: 20 Aug 2013 23:45 

Hello guys my name is Michael although online I usually go by some variant of imok(stands for IfMotherOnlyKnew) or something lithuanian/russian that no one really understands. I have been playing cs for only a few short months and ever since I started I have had the obsession of becoming better. Originally I heard of AM from serial when I was asking for help on reddit and didn't feel like I should join a community with a bad computer, probably a good thing as I complained about it a lot, thus annoying everyone. Now I can finally get in before pistol round is over! Anyways, I am relatively new to pc gaming in general with cs being my first real fps on something that isn't the console. Before this I played a lot of bf3 on the ps3 and when my friends decided to make the switch for bf4, I did the logical thing and decided as well. Since I didn't get my pc until the other day and they had theirs for the past few months I caught on to cs. It was the only game I could run "decently", fit what I like about fps's, and I had loads of fun. I haven't enjoyed any fps this much in quite some time.

I have had serial as a friend for these past few months, only playing with him once or twice, that is until recently. A few days ago he invited me to one of your competitive servers and I got to play with palms, amaroq, mutiny, stickly, and of course serial. Probably some other people I forgot as well. Had a blast playing the new cache/that one map WarOwl did a vid about, and started to consider joining. Well here I am now. I used to be in a clan similar to this years ago for a series known as SOCOM(played 3,ca,ftb1/2) and think I would really like it here. When I joined that server within a short period of time I felt the vibe that you guys are pretty damn awesome. A cool group of people who enjoy some of the same games I do and want to have fun in a competitive environment. With a long history of enjoy fps with clans like these I think I will have a blast with other players.

To be quite honest I think this is my first actual competitive game. I used to scrim a few years ago in socom/cod4 but nothing really since then, also never felt the same that I did with go. I mostly play a lot of aim/dm because you know, I suck. Besides that I play a lot of mm or 10 mans when possible. Not too often though since they are rare, hopefully I can play quite a few with you guys. I did however play in the first reddit cup with a team called Abominable Abecedarians and was known as "man"/e. That is the closest to any formal comp experience I have in this game. Usually I have played passively in the past due to relying on positioning/aim to take players out from distance since that is what I was "good" at, for my level anyways. That was because of very low fps/4g. I still have 4g so I favor chicago servers as I get the lowest ping there. New pc so I have been trying to play in new ways I haven't before and I am enjoying it. Playing a little more aggressively.

I would like to join AM because you're all cool people and I would like to improve my game(competitive) while playing with you guys. I never liked too big of a clan, you guys seem more like a family or tight group of friends, so I think that is perfect. Really hoping to get to know you guys and help one another improve to their goals.

Also, if anyone plans to get bf4 and wants to play when it hits let me know. Might also dl planetside 2 and see what its about.

Damn that was long. Sorry =/ <--- I used that face a lot in chat. Please don't mind be if I start greeting the enemy team randomly in lithuanian or just plain out saying things that aren't English. Won't happen too often I promise.

So sup bros, this is awkward now, please brain let me end this. One. Big. Run. On. Sentence. Being tired doesn't help. Like totally consider me the Aubry Plaza of uhhh whatever. I dunno. Hope to have some good matches with everyone. To note apparently I sound like someone else in the clan. This person, yeah I need to meet you. No creepy or anything. ;)

tl;dr this intro is weird. probably would be better if we just talked in mumble or something. OH YEAH forgot to mention I don't have a mic for in game. Have to use my laptop for mumble. Should have mic soon =/

^See I used it again. I feel like that little guy a lot I guess.

Post subject: Re: labas :)
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2013 02:37 

Welcome! I do remember playing with you in one of our servers. I also used to play bf3 on PS3 with friends. Don't worry about being bad at CS. I'm really bad but I'm still able to have fun. You will probably catch on to CS more quickly than you think.

I can't wait to play more games with you and I hope you enjoy hanging out with us!

so this is my signature now

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2013 06:41 

Great recruitment thread, but I don't think we can have somebody in the clan who sounds just like Jester.

j/k

Normally the recruitment process takes about 1-2 weeks to allow members to get a chance to know you and play with you, so stick around in our mumble and servers and we'll let you know something momentarily!

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2013 11:10 

I really enjoyed reading your recruitment thread. I must say though, having two jesters could make the world implode. You guys should get DNA tests to make sure you aren't long lost brothers or something. But seriously, so far we have enjoyed having you around. You seem like the kind of person we like so hopefully I will see you around more.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2013 20:47 

Quote:
I really enjoyed reading your recruitment thread. I must say though, having two jesters could make the world implode. You guys should get DNA tests to make sure you aren't long lost brothers or something. But seriously, so far we have enjoyed having you around. You seem like the kind of person we like so hopefully I will see you around more.
haaha thanks. I haven't been on much the past two days for whatever odd reason go is extremely laggy and unplayable. Hopefully it will be better this week.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2013 13:54 

Welcome to our forums. Are you sure Jester ain't your brother, or something?