Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 14:14

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: JabberwocK here....
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014 01:28 

just time. just play more and eventually you will get the hang of the skins.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014 07:21 

Quote:
The biggest challenge I had was identifying enemies vs team mates. Any suggestions on this?
It'll come in time. That was the biggest challenge for me transitioning, but now it's easy. You'll get the hang of it soon. I think keeping your resolution as high as possible will make it easier. There's no in-game settings to change how they look, but turning up digital vibrance in your video card's control panel could help, because it will make the game less gray.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014 14:02 

Quote:
Quote:
The biggest challenge I had was identifying enemies vs team mates. Any suggestions on this?
It'll come in time. That was the biggest challenge for me transitioning, but now it's easy. You'll get the hang of it soon. I think keeping your resolution as high as possible will make it easier. There's no in-game settings to change how they look, but turning up digital vibrance in your video card's control panel could help, because it will make the game less gray.

ok thanks! I turned the Digital Vibrance up to 70% so I'll see how that works. I also realized that my monitor brightness was turned down quite a bit, so I'm sure that didn't help things at all. I forgot that I had turned it down a week ago because I was working in a dark office and the screen was blasting light. So that is fixed as well. I'm sure as both you and serial have mentioned, it will just take a little time. The biggest difficulty for me is with the Terrorists...some of the skins on the Ts have padded helmets and vests which gave me trouble distinguishing them from CTs, especially since its been so long since I played last and the old school Ts looked a fair amount different. The last thing I wanted to do was hop on your server and kill my own team mates, so I just allowed myself to die instead when I wasn't sure, lol.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014 14:32 

meh, its no big deal. friendly fire is on and I think after a certain number or tk's or just team attacks it will kick you, but we certainly won't get mad at you while you are learning.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014 16:00 

We had fun last night, and we have no problems with new people coming in, and learning the game. We all started somewhere, so don't worry about it man, it's all cool. :)

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2014 18:24 

As your game sense rebuilds you should be able to know where your teammates are and that should help

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014 03:34 

Ok thanks for the input guys. Nice chatting with a few of you in Mumble tonight. Thanks Serial for all the help with everything!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2014 03:54 

Yeah, no problem man. It was good to get to play with you some. Hope to see you around some more.