Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 12:39

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: I am GoatMips!
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015 10:05 

'Ello!

=== If You Do Not Know Me ===

Some of you already know me, some of you might not. I am 18, living in Georgia (US). I am a dual-enrollment student at the local university and my high-school (although it is technically homeschool). I am GoatMips. I became familiar with Absurd Minds back in August of 2014 when Amaroq wanted to review a demo of mine when I complained on reddit about not being good even after 80 games won. Since that review I have been striving to get better and better.

I was planning to write this application quite a while ago, mainly because after reading "It doesn't matter how good you are, but it does matter how willing you are to get better and to help your teammates get better" I felt both invited and welcome to the community. However, other things got in the way, school in general is one.

Another reason for the delay of this application and another little bit of information about me: I am one of those "computer in Minecraft" guys. I have made quite a number of CPUs in minecraft but haven't built one in nearly a year. I have been a member of the RDF for around a year and after that went down in shambles, became one of the original members of ORE, which I currently reside as a Staff member (Nickster258). I have been reworking their systems and fixing tons of their custom plugins to fit 1.8. My profile went from 100 hours of CS:GO per two weeks (on average) to 20 or so hours of CS:GO per two weeks.

Side note: MIPS is an instruction set. I never applied it in minecraft but always wanted to. GoatMips was made my new name after Underwood Jr. was retired after 3 years service. Origin of Underwood Jr.: my friend was Mr. Underwood and another was Mrs. Underwood. I needed a name so I stuck with it.

=== Actual Recruitment Detail ===

Now that that is done with, I am trying to be much more active in the CS:GO community and I am going to try and be a member of a clan which cares for its community and cares for the game they play primarily for.

I have been playing CS for around a year and a half but have only taken it seriously for the past 8 or so months. I work tons of different strats with many different weapons. I know nearly all the spray patterns for all the primary rifles but, due to my semi-recent "inactivity" (just not playing as much) I have lost some of my touch with flicking onto targets, especially headshots. Despite this, I believe I have the skill it takes to hop in and be a good asset to the Absurd Minds crew! I am able to work the AWP well and I can hold a corner really well. After 1,150 hours of CS:GO, I would love to become a member of a clan that actually cares for its members!

Awesome to meet all of you!

-----

MIPS (for the nerds like me): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIPS_instruction_set

Last edited by GoatMips on 24 Feb 2015 10:59, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: I am GoatMips!
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015 10:34 

Hey, it's nice to see your recruitment thread! Even though you've been around for a while, the procedure is that you can't be invited into the clan for at least one month after writing your introductory thread, so just keep coming around and what not.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015 10:50 

That was what I thought, I just never made sure. I am just happy to be familiar with such a crew and being a member would make that feeling even sweeter.

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2015 11:15 

Hey goat, glad to see you are interested in joining and that you started a recruitment thread. We actually have a clan minecraft server that I run (currently on my gaming machine) but will soon be moving it to its own dedicated machine. We plays lots of stuff but we will always come back to counter strike. Hopefully you stick around and we see you more. If you are busy at times, for weeks or months or whatever, just let us know, we understand what life is like.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2015 01:43 

Nice to meet you GoatMips!

Ahhh, nostalgia.... I used to play Counter Strike all the time back during 1.2 with a good buddy I met at work who was called Goat.

Loved that guy....kinda miss him, wonder what he's doing today.

Anyhow, thanks for posting. Looking forward to chatting with you later!

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2015 19:16 

Welcome to our forums man. Stick around, and get to know the family. :)