Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 28 Mar 2024 19:11

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: Recruitment Request
PostPosted: 30 May 2016 18:02 

Quote:
Well, I for one recognized the joke. :/

PostPosted: 31 May 2016 00:38 

I understood the joke but I felt that it didn't belong in the thread at the time you posted. It was just said with no reason.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2016 16:08 

I know that I'm fairly inactive right now, but my GPU decided to hate me and output 60hz to my monitor, which would be semi-playable, if I had a 120hz monitor, but because it's 144hz, it doesn't sync the frames. I want to play CS and be on AM, but shit is getting in the way.

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2016 16:13 

It's cool, man. I will say I've enjoyed having you around the last few times. I look forward to you getting a new gpu.

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2016 23:02 

Bump.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016 00:49 

Okay I should probably say something here. I guess I'll start with... well,
I know my odds. There are too many factors for me not to notice that I will more than likely not be invited into AM, but I don't care. I know that some members have a lack of interest in even speaking to me due to any sharp personality that may have turned them off when first meeting me, and, may I add, is completely rational and understandable, and I'm well aware thaf my age is a major deterent to many people as well. But, I'm damn well gonna try to join and stay active in AM, because it's the only clan that I've enjoyed speaking to, and playing with. I have no point to make except that, I know. I know that I'm not necessarily seen as a great fit for the clan, but I am trying, and I will keep trying.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016 06:42 

You're just not active enough. I see you all the time in the 1v1 server but you haven't bothered to come into mumble. I was looking back through the Mumble log and most of the time when you joined it would only be for a few minutes, and then you'd be gone. I personally don't think anybody has a problem with you anymore. The one person who had the greatest problem isn't even in the clan anymore.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016 18:42 

Yeah, you have actually been a lot more pleasant to most people as far as I know. I'll be glad to go post in your recruitment thread though and see if anyone has any concerns that need to be brought up.

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2016 19:31 

im still opposing to this good sir. that is all.

PostPosted: 25 Aug 2016 06:41 

Quote:
im still opposing to this good sir. that is all.
When was the last time you interacted with him? And also, when was the last time you interacted with him with an open mind? Because if we denied everybody who made a bad first impression on anybody, this clan would basically just be me and kami, because even serial made a bad first impression on me.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2016 21:05 

Location: T͚̜͙͚̠̦ͬͧ̐ͬĥ͙͉͙̥̹̝͖ͮ̒̒̋ͤ̄eͭͫͭ ̥̤͔̽ͥ͐ͦͦͣỊ̒̎n̖͚̘͇̬̟te̻̥͇̳̲̲͊̂͆ͩr̝̯̦̼͔̖̻̽n͙ͬ͆̎e͔̰͎ͩ͋̀̚t̮̞͎̓ͨ́
I like you, buddy! I've always got along with you well. Like Amaroq said, every time you come in mumble you come in, say hello, and leave shortly after. That's my only criticism.

Honey Badgers have very tough skin. The skin is very thick and rubbery, which is almost impervious to arrow and spears. Even a blow from machete can't scratch the skin. The skin protects them from bites.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017 17:07 

You could probably tell that I havn't been too active recently. Right now, and for the rest of the season my team is my priority, and I really want to make it to ESEA-IM. Will be on more after this season (I believe it's over at the end of March, then playoffs go for 5 weeks).

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2017 17:10 

Yeah no worries man.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 20:26 

Almost been a year https://d30y9cdsu7xlg0.cloudfront.net/png/54856-200.png

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2017 20:32 

I know man, I know. Some people just take longer to mature than others lol. We're still watching your recruitment and haven't decided one way or the other.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017 21:44 

I've decided to suspend my recruitment indefinitely. I have a few reasons for choosing to remain a community member as of right now. However there may a be a point in the future where I feel comfortable attempting to join AM again, I don't think that it is right for me to continue trying to join for the time being.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017 21:49 

were you gonna share those reasons?

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2017 23:14 

Quote:
Still kinda trying to find a way to explain it without sounding bitchy, but I'll just say that AM as a clan doesn't seem as "friendly" in a way. Like, it's not as close of a group as it was before, which was the reason that I wanted to join. I just personally see a lot of disconnection from clan members, (Kind of a founder vs. newbie thing) and I didn't think that an E-hierarchy would be the right fit for me. I'm not saying that AM is a hierarchy, but it seems like some people just go with things because they don't want to start a fight with some of the senior members of the clan.

Obviously the amount of time that this application has been live is also a factor. For me, I just think that at this point it would be better for me to make the decision for you.

There are some other reasons which I don't necessarily want to announce, but I had some personal reasons for no longer wanting to be a member.

Hope that helped, but I don't want to go too far into detail.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017 07:20 

Quote:
Quote:
Still kinda trying to find a way to explain it without sounding bitchy, but I'll just say that AM as a clan doesn't seem as "friendly" in a way. Like, it's not as close of a group as it was before, which was the reason that I wanted to join. I just personally see a lot of disconnection from clan members, (Kind of a founder vs. newbie thing) and I didn't think that an E-hierarchy would be the right fit for me. I'm not saying that AM is a hierarchy, but it seems like some people just go with things because they don't want to start a fight with some of the senior members of the clan.

Obviously the amount of time that this application has been live is also a factor. For me, I just think that at this point it would be better for me to make the decision for you.

There are some other reasons which I don't necessarily want to announce, but I had some personal reasons for no longer wanting to be a member.

Hope that helped, but I don't want to go too far into detail.

I want to address these issues, and hopefully others will back me up on this instead of letting me just say it and appear petty but I feel it must be said either way.

I have had a handful of members that wanted you banned from the community almost as far back as 6 months ago. People regularly left channels and mumble altogether when you joined. They avoided games when you joined. People really didn't enjoy playing with you. You weren't a team player, you didn't listen, you just always went off and did your own thing which turned EVERYONE off to you. There were constant complaints about you but you never did anything to warrant being banned so we let you stay. Feel free to ask around if you don't believe this. I am not trying to make you feel bad or anything of the nature, but I want you to know the truth since you seem to have it severely misconstrued.

We don't always do what everyone in the clan wants. 99 percent of the time we do. Its still the clan that anubis and I made however. I don't feel like there has ever been one situation where people have just gone along with something for fear of us. I really don't know where you got that from.

If you don't think we are friendly thats fine, but I am sure its because most of us didn't want to talk to or be around you. Me and anubis both spoke to you about why you hadn't even STARTED recruitment. You had never even qualified to start it.

We play games together EVERY NIGHT. We have group gatherings on the weekend. I don't know what more you would want from us to be friendly. We love each other and care very deeply for each other. We are a family. You were not accepted into that family because you refused to correct any of the issues anubis and I spoke to you about. This is fine, however because its your choice. Just please don't paint my clan in a light its not. If you have legit concerns thats fine. I don't want this to come across as an attacking reply, but I want you to have the truth.

For example: everytime hyperion and I played the forest with you. We clearly told you before hand what our goal was. You helped not 1 second with the goal and instead would go off and explore by yourself screaming the whole time about how you're being chased and need help while me and hyperion continue with the plan we started. This annoyed me to no end. You would regularly do this in any game we played with you. We would invite you to play overwatch and you would pick ridiculous characters while the rest of us are trying. This goes against our clan rules. You knew this and didn't care.

I don't want you to think this means everyone hates you, but you rub a lot of the clan the wrong way. You had moments where a lot of us liked you, but then you reverted right back to the same old ways.

We have caught you on more than one occasion in our servers publicly goading others into getting riled up to the point that they do something like call you a faggot and then you run to us and complain. You were directly instigating issues in our servers. I'm sure we seemed unfriendly at times with this type of behavior.

You also kept acting like you didn't know why the recruitment process was taking so long for you. You did know though. We told you more than one time why. I don't know why you would act different to others like you didn't know.

I would love for you to explain further about this disconnect between founders and new members. I mean new members have to get to know older members so that seems to make perfect sense. How would we be fully connected until we know each other better?

Then we are a hierarchy but we aren't? I just don't understand. I think you're just mad. I'm sure it really seems like I am just attacking you in defense to what you said, but I want you to understand these are the reasons our clan seemed unfriendly to you. Its the furthest thing from unfriendly.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience but we tried to address the issues with you more than once, and you just didn't seem to care at all.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2017 08:02 

Also if you have other questions or concerns feel free to reply or message me. I'll be glad to discuss this at greater lengths with you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next