Absurd Minds

More than 100 years without a motto.
It is currently 29 Mar 2024 07:55

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: Resgination
PostPosted: 08 May 2014 20:18 

Why not just delete your own posts if you think it's unprofessional? I don't know why I have to step in and police you.

PostPosted: 08 May 2014 20:33 

You don't need to police anything.... We just felt that this topic should be for members only. Why would a new person to the forums care to read this?

PostPosted: 08 May 2014 20:57 

I don't personally see am issue with it. Palms posted his thread in public and I don't see anything here that would convince me to go over his head and remove it. He could have posted it on private, or messaged me or serial, or he could have posted a more innocuous and less inflammatory resignation; but he chose to post a public thread basically telling us he dislikes us and we're the reason he's leaving, in a thread for people to reply to publicly, and I don't feel anybody stepped out of bounds with their replies. I feel it's perfectly reasonable to respond to that type of affront with the honesty it deserves. Azn's post was a bit tacky, but I don't see anything "unprofessional" except perhaps this massive derailment of the thread to publicly criticize people's responses to it. (Talk about irony...) But maybe I'm alone in this, and I'm open to being convinced otherwise.

PostPosted: 08 May 2014 22:08 

Yep

PostPosted: 08 May 2014 22:09 

Yeah, I agree. I don't think anything in here so far is something that could be taken too badly except maybe my post. If he didn't want the public to see that we don't care about his leaving then he should have made it private. Lets don't use this as a place to bash palms though.

PostPosted: 08 May 2014 22:35 

I don't get why people are angry at him. He got bored and left. How many other am members just stopped playing(a lot)

PostPosted: 08 May 2014 23:50 

People are angry at the attitude he had. We were literally going to tell him we were kicking him out but he posted this thread before we could. He would routinely go around not wearing the tag even in our servers, which isn't something he HAD to do but something EVERY clan member but him did well him and lexy. He would never come into mumble and talk to us. It was a chore just to get him to play with us. In fact, since he left the clan he has played 200% more with us than he had in the previous weeks. He really wasn't a good clan member. He was at one time but quickly went downhill. Nothing against him for this, but these are the reasons people didn't want him in the clan anymore. Also, everyone was quite aware that he didn't really care to have any kind of a personal relationship with anyone in the clan. We were just people he knew online. That isn't how the rest of us feel about each other. We are much closer than that and care about each others personal lives as well as online lives. The whole thing about starting a esea team, he got travis on the team and then decided to go try out for other teams after getting travis. That is some shady shit right there. So just just his attitude in general ya know. We would never do something like that to each other. Some people took that attitude personal and it hurt some feelings. I still have him on my friends list, so I mean its not like I hate the guy.

you said other AM members stopped playing. Palms didn't stop playing. he just chose to never play with clan members or invite them to play with him WHAT SO EVER. There is a clear difference.

PostPosted: 09 May 2014 06:17 

Quote:
I don't get why people are angry at him. He got bored and left. How many other am members just stopped playing(a lot)
Personally, I was angry at him because of his attitude. He was extremely condescending to everybody in the clan and for the last month or so of his membership made is very clear that he thought participating in the clan was beneath him and he had better things to do. He showed he was very self-centered by his attitude and it's pretty clearly reflected in his post, which basically says "I hate you all, but keep me added so you can play with me, because I know you all love me and want to follow me around". I really enjoyed being around the person Palms was when he joined the clan, but I don't what happened to him or in his life or what but he became very unpleasant the last few months of his membership.

Also, currently, we have zero members that "just stopped playing". We have about ten who are incapable of playing at the moment, but nobody who "just got bored and left". That displays an attitude toward our clan that is very different from what everybody else has, and one that we try very hard to avoid with our recruitment process. Even Jero and Ace and Azn "get bored" of playing GO, but you don't see them leaving, because they understand what the clan is and have a much less self-centered view of its purpose.

PostPosted: 09 May 2014 16:15 

I didn't think anything here was bad. I just felt that this should of been posted under his recruitment thread. Don't move it, it really doesn't make a difference.

PostPosted: 09 May 2014 17:30 

Quote:
I don't personally see am issue with it. Palms posted his thread in public and I don't see anything here that would convince me to go over his head and remove it. He could have posted it on private, or messaged me or serial, or he could have posted a more innocuous and less inflammatory resignation; but he chose to post a public thread basically telling us he dislikes us and we're the reason he's leaving, in a thread for people to reply to publicly, and I don't feel anybody stepped out of bounds with their replies. I feel it's perfectly reasonable to respond to that type of affront with the honesty it deserves. Azn's post was a bit tacky, but I don't see anything "unprofessional" except perhaps this massive derailment of the thread to publicly criticize people's responses to it. (Talk about irony...) But maybe I'm alone in this, and I'm open to being convinced otherwise.
Not on topic, but kudos for using irony correctly. Also, I pretty much am in full agreement with everything Anubis has said in this thread.

PostPosted: 09 May 2014 18:11 

Well then!!! That is all... .

PostPosted: 10 May 2014 04:52 

We all know how I felt about him...So that's all I have to say.